Kansas 12pt down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas 12pt down!

My 4th year to hunt Kansas and this is my second buck. Got here late Friday night, hung a few sets. Up early Saturday to hang a few more. Crawled in the tree about 4 Saturday evening. Got a little discouraged when the farmers started cutting the milo surrounding the creek I was setting on. Figured it would be a busted evening but stayed hooked and about 5:15 I saw a doe coming my way. I could tell by her body language that she had company. Sure enough, this guy pushed her within spitting distance of my tree. He was coming straight at me offering no shot until the last few feet when he veered to broadside and I loosed the string at 8 steps!!!(wish I'd a been holding my recurve) Anyhow at that close distance and that angle the spitfire took out his onside lung but lodged in his sturnum! He sprayed a bloodtrail for 75 yards that you could jog down, then crashed in the creek bottom. I think he's a 4.5 yr old, he taped a flush 140" and I'm super happy. There are much bigger bucks around here but I ate tag sandwiches the last 2 years and they taste like crap! But we grilled his tenderloins last night at camp and they'd make you chunk rocks at the Outback! We are here until Friday morning so I'm gonna put the Hoyt up and string the curve up and go after a big doe. Thanks to our Lord for this harvest, good luck to all you guys and God bless.

Nice buck, thats a big hole! Good shot.

Comment

Congrats! That is a beautiful buck! Great shot

Comment

Great deer!

Comment

Congrats!!! Stud of a deer!!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Good job

Comment

He is a beast! congrats

Comment

Nice!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very cool. Congrats. Ive also had the Ks tag sandwhich and boy is it nasty. Good job!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X