Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    This.

Several other comments in here are either jokesters(don't know why...) or just lazy. If you're sighting in your rifle with several shots or just shooting often, it should be cleaned afterward. Its going to corrode if you just let it sit with powder, copper, lead, etc. in the barrel. Some say, "oh I'll just blow the soot out of it when its dirty and its good as new." No.
    You need to buy some modern ammunition, only ammo I know of that still has corrosive primers is cheap foreign made bulk military and black powder

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
      Wipe down outside every time it’s carried, complete clean after each season
      This right here.

Comment

Pig killing season never ends so I just clean when I'm bored and need something to do. I'm not going to clean it after I go put one round in a pigs head, that would just be absurd.

Comment

Deer rifle...how often do you clean it?

This.

Several other comments in here are either jokesters(don't know why...) or just lazy. If you're sighting in your rifle with several shots or just shooting often, it should be cleaned afterward. Its going to corrode if you just let it sit with powder, copper, lead, etc. in the barrel. Some say, "oh I'll just blow the soot out of it when its dirty and its good as new." No.

Lol. You shooting black powder or what? As usual, your methods are still stuck in 1975.

I try to clean my bolt guns barrels around every 200-250 rounds. I clean the dust off and oil the actions as needed.

My ARs on the other hand, kinda get treated like a redheaded step child. My two that I generally run a thermal on might get cleaned every 500 rounds if they’re lucky. They get hosed down with brake cleaner and oil when the action starts getting gritty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Raider4044; 11-28-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            thanks for beating me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Barrel won’t get cleaned until it starts opening up. Might be 2/3/400 rounds.

Wipe dirt off on occasion.

If it gets wet I DO break it down and clean and oil it.

Y’all clean your guns too much. Lol
              You still clean yours too much

Comment

This.

Hard no. Muzzle loader yes. Modern center fire propellants are fine. I meant exactly what I typed and it was a serious response.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FEFE16B-2253-4668-8621-C9CCE9CC796F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	24700100

Clean it just so it can look like this the next day again? Lol nah. I take care of my stuff. But it gets used like the good Lord intended(forgive me father for I do miss)

I hope it doesn’t corrode and fall apart!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    Mines stainless so I dont mess with it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    If it’s a Browning that would be Japanese stainless- you May want to re-think that

Comment

If she gets wet, she gets wiped down, and occasionally just because of dust.

The scope got knocked off on my 45 year old .264 some years ago, so I replaced it with a new one. When I did I tore it all the way down, and there was some legit funk inside it! That’s easily the hardest used rifle I own, and dad and uncle used it when I was young, and the funk didn’t hurt it.

The truck ARs get cleaned out a little more regularly because they’re so prone to dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I very lovingly wipe it down with an old tshirt and whatever oil i have handy. Then it gets gingerly tossed in the safe until it's time to kill stuff again.

Comment

AR gets cleaned more than bolt guns or pump action shotguns. I always clean the outside no matter what to prevent rust. Also a deer rifle is a little different than a varmint/pig gun. You shoot those more often. A dedicated deer rifle/big game rifle could go a while without swabbing the barrel out. I normally clean my coyote/prairie dog rifles once a year other than taking an air hose and cleaning the dust off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            If it’s a Browning that would be Japanese stainless- you May want to re-think that
                            Its not

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Other than triggers (and wiping them down) I generally clean bores every couple years--whether they need it or not. The exception is rifles that I may shoot once every 5 years or so. I will clean those if I think I may not shoot it again for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                Barrel won’t get cleaned until it starts opening up. Might be 2/3/400 rounds.

Wipe dirt off on occasion.

If it gets wet I DO break it down and clean and oil it.

Y’all clean your guns too much. Lol
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X