ATV tires - what is y'alls go to tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV tires - what is y'alls go to tire

The tires on my 1995 Honda Fourtrax are dry rotting pretty bad and are loosing air. Time to replace them. These are the second set it has had and they were used at the time.

It is used in Kerr county, mostly rocky roads, no mud to deal with.

What are y'alls preferences ? I see that 6 ply seems to be the norm.

sizes are 24x9 - 11 back and 24x8 -12 front.

thanx,

I bought one of the Foremans in the classifieds last week and had to replace the original 21 year old tires immediately, and I went with Deestone D933 6 ply all terrain tires.

Comment

No mud. Kanati mongrel for sure. Bullet proof.

Comment

I’ve been really happy with ITP Blackwaters. We run them on most of our work machines on a mix of dirt and gravel, they last longer than a lot of others we’ve tried.

Comment

They are mud tires but I've been very happy with my zillas. They have super deep tread and I run them in mostly rocking mesquite terrain. Ran over countless cactus and never had a puncture. Traction for days. Work great. Had for years and no show of wear.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kevlar

Comment

I have had Sedona ripsaw and rockabilly for 10 years on 2 different units. No flats or slow leaks. They ride great in the rocks to.

Comment

When I get home I’ll check the tires I have on an old Atv. I bought 2 new tires for it a few years ago and used 1 time in Colorado. If they will fit your fronts I’ll sell them to ya for $50

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  When I get home I’ll check the tires I have on an old Atv. I bought 2 new tires for it a few years ago and used 1 time in Colorado. If they will fit your fronts I’ll sell them to ya for $50
                  thanx, Let me know what ya got.

thanx folks for your preferences and suggestions. I'll take a look at them after work.

Comment

I've had good luck with the Carlisles that come on the Polaris as OEM equipment. Getting about fifteen years out of a set. I just put two new fronts on a 2007. The tread has changed a bit, but I like the ride.

Comment

Tusk Terrabite is what I just put on my dad's ranger. Lots of good reviews. 8 Ply too.

Comment

Using some of these suggestions to look for tires for my Honda.

I have Kenda Bearclaws on it now. I was not impressed with them at all. Tread gone in five years and I don’t use it much besides lease. No rocks.

Comment

589s.
                          Just replaced the ones I bought in 09 with a new set. Over 3,000 miles and tread was still around 75%, but they were starting to show dry rot cracks.

Comment

well mine are too small for you. They are 21x8-9

Comment

appreciate ya looking.

the Tusk Terrabite look to be a good SxS tire. Little too much $$ for my current needs. May look at those when I get a Mule.

been looking at the Wanda tires. they seem to be affordable and will probably outlast me.

appreciate all the responses.

Comment

Working...
                              X