Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Nothing made by GM
    X2 and I own a 2021- no problems as of yet but they are known to be a ticking time bomb ready to break down at any moment! Do your research on them , it’s very easy to find unfortunately

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Spend 6-8k fixing your truck up. Service everything, maybe fix small things that are wrong with it, get some nice custom seat covers, maybe throw on a few add ons that you'll appreciate.

Keep driving.
    This is the way so many people are going right now! Even if you spent 12k on it you would have a whole lot better piece of mind.

Toyota’s new motors have only been out a short time snd Yes, they are still trying to get bugs worked out of them along with every other manufacturer . Things won’t change quality employee’s come back into the picture including the CEO’s

Comment

The market is still way overinflated, all of them are junk in their own ways, and each year they add more stuff to break on them. +1 on fixing up your current one. If you just have to have a new truck, go drive all of them and decide which one you like the best while ignoring the internet fanboys/haters. Every brand is a roll of the dice at this point.

Comment

Last edited by bowhunter45; 11-03-2022, 03:05 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Piggy backing on OP's thread with a question, is there light at the end of the tunnel of somebody waits a few years or nothing promising looking forward?
          There’s quite a few people that started waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel at the beginning of covid thinking they were going to score a smoking deal. They all just wish they’d have bought then. Prices from late 2020 look cheap today, and prices from early 2020 make prices from late 2020 look high as ****.

Comment

Please do not buy an eco boost ford. Just picked up contact workers 19 king ranch that needed 8k engine and tyranny work. He's a salesman so he really abuses his truck hauling around a clipboard. That puts us at 1-8 on NEW f150's

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              Second the GM comment. I've had one truck that wasn't a GM since 1984 but this 2019 with all the bells and whistles has been in the shop, towed twice including today. Mostly electronic issues. Worst truck I've ever owned.
              This is the camp I’ve been in for a while.

Comment

I just go with the 2500 work truck trims in GM. May not impress like most people want but has been pretty bullet proof IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                  I just go with the 2500 work truck trims in GM. May not impress like most people want but has been pretty bullet proof IMO.
                  What’s the newest one you have experience with? I’ve had 5-2500s that were bullet proof, but the newest one was a 2015. The latest GMs we’ve had, and my last two, we’re total POSs. Issues constantly. They were all half tons though.

Comment

Work truck

Comment

2017 2500 6.0 gas.

Comment

I’m with the others here that say put a few K into your current truck and just keep it.

For those that say go with a base model work truck trim, keep this in mind. A base model work truck today has more electronics and more features than a fully loaded truck had in 2004. Speaking from a former ASE mechanic standpoint, the more electronics you have in a vehicle, the less reliable it will be. Heck, you can’t even get manual crank windows on a new truck anymore!!

I also speak from experience. I’ve got a new 2022 Ram 1500 quad cab truck that has the capability of a gasser 3/4 ton from the 2004 era. It has a payload capacity of 1,900 pounds and is rated to tow 8,200 pounds. It is VERY comfortable and has a smooth ride. With that being said, it has about 4,000 miles on it and it gives me an error message every time I start it saying there is low tire pressure. As soon as the electronics boot up though, all tires show good pressures. The computer just needs to be reflashed, but it is still frustrating to deal with. I’ve also gotten error messages stating a battery backup for the emergency communication system is dead, and an occasional alert stating the communication system is not working.

I love the truck, but it is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                          I have been looking at the Chevy 2500 Custom with the 6.6l gas. A lot cheaper than the diesels.
                          Mine is a LT Z71. Of all the trucks I’ve had, I like it best. Had plenty of power and speed. Handles everything I’ve done with it so far. It’s by far better than my ford 3/4 that’s my work truck. I was thinking of a ford gas until I drove the new Chevy 6.6.

Comment

My family goes through a lot of trucks. In the last 8 years, we’ve been through 10 new trucks. I own an employee benefits firm & we drive all over the state, so there’s a lot of freeway miles. However, we hunt the mountains throughout the west & really beat them up on the 2 tracks. Besides that, we pull horse trailers long distances. Here’s our experience, all trucks are 4 wheel drive:
                            Ford F-150 3.5 ecoboost - engine went out at 70,000 miles.
                            Ford F-150 5.0 liter - engine went out at 129,000.
                            Ford F-150 5.0 liter - engine was ok, inside was falling apart - sold at 105,000.
                            Ford F-250 6.7 diesel - constant def & electrical issues, now deleted with 130,000, but I believe I’ll have to replace the turbo soon. I would sell it, but we’ve put so much money into it, that I want to get some more use out of it. Pulls great when it runs.
                            Ram 1500 5.7 hemi - traded in at 215,000 - only replaced a front hub.
                            Ram 1500 5.7 hemi - stolen & totaled at 35,000 - no issues.
                            Ram 1500 5.7 hemi - currently at 68,000 - no issues, except a faulty abs sensor.
                            Ram 2500 6.4 hemi - currently at 134,000 - no issues, pulls the trailers fine.
                            Chev 1500 5.3 liter - currently at 43,000 miles - had a transmission issue, now ok.
                            Chev 1500 3.0 liter diesel- currently at 52,000 - it gets great fuel mileage, but has been nothing but trouble, def issues & now has been at the dealership for 2 months, as they try to figure out why it keeps randomly shutting itself down & stranding my wife on the side of the road. She’s not happy.

I’ll let you draw your own conclusions. I’ve thought about trying out a Toyota, but everyone I know who’s tried to pull trailers often with one tells me I’ll regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                              Mine is a LT Z71. Of all the trucks I’ve had, I like it best. Had plenty of power and speed. Handles everything I’ve done with it so far. It’s by far better than my ford 3/4 that’s my work truck. I was thinking of a ford gas until I drove the new Chevy 6.6.

The Ford 7.3 gasser laughs at the relatively anemic, high revving GM 6.6 gasser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just get a 2500 dodge 6.7 delete it with the cp3 injection pump and Aisin transmission and drive till 300,000

Comment

Working...
                                X