Retirement age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Another 15 years will put me at 56. That’s is my goal.

That will give me 30 years with my company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. I’ll retire making more than working and hopefully investments will recover by then. Luckily my employer offers insurance as part of retirement. The price I hear people paying for insurance is crazy.
    Last edited by rut-ro; 11-01-2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Well the goal is to quit working for the man full time next year some time at the age of 30 and go full on self employed working for myself. That count? Will work harder and I know my boss will be an ******* but at least we seem to get along ok most days and the pay will be better. But really being able to set my own scheduled will be totally worth it and think the kids will love having me home more.

Comment

when im in the ground most likely.

Comment

I went out at 53 because my knees gave out after 35 years in heavy electrical construction. Was worried that I would not have enough. Somehow it all worked out. 58 now and loving it.
          Put away as much tax deferred money as you can. It pays. No pun intended.

Comment

I'll probably retire when that last shovel full of dirt goes on.

Comment

At 11:30 am on Nov 1, 2022

Comment

I am eligible to retire in Nov of 2026 from education (got my TRS paper last week) but my youngest will be entering college in 2027, so i will probably have to work until she gets out of college. (unless I strike it big in the knifemaking world!haha)

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  I'll probably retire when that last shovel full of dirt goes on.
                  We are giving you a Viking funeral at Bownanza

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                    I am eligible to retire in Nov of 2026 from education (got my TRS paper last week) but my youngest will be entering college in 2027, so i will probably have to work until she gets out of college. (unless I strike it big in the knifemaking world!haha)
                    I just reached 82 combined years/age today with the state. I have a senior in high school and one in college. I'm 54 and could have retired at 80 combined. But they base it on the highest 5 years of service, so the longer I stay the more I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      We are giving you a Viking funeral at Bownanza
                      I'm actually going to try and make the next one. Never been.

Comment

I'm gonna have to work at least a half day on the day of my funeral

Comment

As soon as you possibly can so that you can enjoy it while healthy. I turn 60 next May. I will retire before my birthday. I am determined to retire in my 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                            Yesterday if I were eligible and financially sound.
                            This
                            Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            Same here. I’ll retire making more than working and hopefully investments will recover by then. Luckily my employer offers insurance as part of retirement. The price I hear people paying for insurance is crazy.
                            Similar position with me. I'll have 69 of 75 needed points in March (age and yrs). I'll have 80 points at 52. I'm pretty much maxed out on salary without promoting which would actually cost me 3 or 4k a year for 3 years or so. As of today, I'd get about a 2000 a month dollar raise upon retirement

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never! My wife will find me way more to do than I ever have to do at “work” and I’ve been self employed too long to be taking orders from her or anyone else. Plus, I like what I do and the people I’m doing it with.

Comment

60. I am working on my 3rd million now. I gave up on the first two.

Comment

Working...
                                X