Big South Texas management deer down-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big South Texas management deer down-

I have a new lease in South Texas and It is covered in bucks. Only Problem is most are 8+ years old. So that gives us alot of work to do to clean out some of the older class deer that are on the feed bill but on their way down. This Deer showed up on my Trail cams almost the first day I set a feeder in this spot. He was a regular and had a very unique shape. When I first saw him in May he was a 2x2 frame. Then he just kept growing and growing and growing. He shed his velvet around Sept 30th.

Click image for larger version

Name:	too tall shedding.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	25295592

Name:	too tall bloody.JPG
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	25295593

I had marked this deer as a great deer for my son Hunter. I also planned to go after him this past weekend while My son was on his 4 day Break From ATM. After a Friday morning class, my Son Hunter hauled butt to Georgetown and jumped in my truck for George West. We made it to the ranch in time to change clothes and then hit the sendero to the blind. When I pulled up to drop him off we saw a couple big deer 200 yards down the Sendero. I thought one looked tall and narrow and the other wide. They jogged off Sendero. I told hunter to climb up in the Krivoman tower and to get ready. He climbed up fast while I got out to put out some hand corn. I told him to open windows cause this could happed fast. The deer on this ranch are very low pressured deer and act just like deer should act when left alone and not shot at from trucks etc.

I get back into the truck and wish him good luck. I drive off and get about 100o yards from his area and he text that the deer was there. Said he was leaning over getting camera out of bag and heard corn crunching. I had not even made it to my area. So I told him not to rush it and that he was not going anywhere. I parked and walked into my stand. Then got a text that he smoked him and he heard him pile up about 60 yards.

I told him to sit back and enjoy the show he was about to get. This spot have probably 20 bucks that go to it daily and 4 or 5 are in the 50s. All age classes. He said it was the best sit he has ever had. Not just getting to shoot him, but all the other deer.

Name:	Hunter LDP.jpg
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	25295595

Here is the Video. My son is 21 and has killed a bunch of animals with his bow and it is starting to **** me off that he shoots better than I do. Kidding of course. In fact he would prove it on this night as I would shoot a giant an hour or so later and not make near the shot he did. But that is another story for another thread.

Enjoy the video..

Attached Files

Dont know why trail cam pic is posted 2 times.

Comment

BIG skim! Congrats to your son!

Comment

WHOOOO WHOOOOO congrats!

Comment

Great deer! Congratulations to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yea. 10 ringed him! Cool cull buck!

Comment

That’s a tall rack. Congrats to your son.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Cool high rack!

Comment

Was watching with my 7 & 3 year old until the first F bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
                        Was watching with my 7 & 3 year old until the first F bomb.
                        Yeah i muted it. I also told him that he needs to remember that people other than him will see it. Prettybsure second one was freaking.

Comment

Congratulations to your son. That's a good one to take.

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool deer!

Comment

Working...
                              X