Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mix of stainless and cast iron

Comment

Top of the line All Clad and take care of it you will never need to buy another set.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
        Salad master
        My Mom still has some her Salad master stuff she got way back. Other than handles coming off most still look great.

Comment

Bought my wife a set of caraway pots and pans and she loves them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing you will RARELY find at a La. garage or estate sale is Magnalite and or cast iron cookware. In Texas I find quiet a bit in excellent shape. Actually, I have friends and coworkers that attend lots of estate sales and text me pics of the cookware when they find it. If it is something I need or would like to have they grab it for me. Crazy how a lot of people do not realize or care what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              One thing you will RARELY find at a La. garage or estate sale is Magnalite and or cast iron cookware. In Texas I find quiet a bit in excellent shape. Actually, I have friends and coworkers that attend lots of estate sales and text me pics of the cookware when they find it. If it is something I need or would like to have they grab it for me. Crazy how a lot of people do not realize or care what they have.

Magnalite is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                My Mom still has some her Salad master stuff she got way back. Other than handles coming off most still look great.
                Same, My mom still has salad master stuff. I remember as a kid, the salesman coming to the house to demonstrate it.

Comment

We were given a full set of “WearEver” for our wedding fifty years ago and we still use it daily.
                  Has stood the test of time.

Comment

Pots and Pans for the kitchen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote]

Comment

We have cast iron and Cuisinart stainless.

We also have some Cuisinart non stick but I never use it. I use cast iron 99% of the time. It’s just as easy to clean as any of the others if you know how to clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        We have cast iron and Cuisinart stainless.

We also have some Cuisinart non stick but I never use it. I use cast iron 99% of the time. It’s just as easy to clean as any of the others if you know how to clean it.

How do you clean your cast iron?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          All-Clad’s policy regarding its cookware is that single-layer products such as lids are allowed to be made outside of the USA, typically in China.1 That might explain why some All-Clad lids are not 18/10 but rather something more like 18/0. Multi-layer metal cookware (i.e., has thick sidewalls made from steel bonded to another metal) is always made in the USA, with the exception of now-discontinued Emeril Pro-Clad and its equally-flawed successor. Emeril Pro-Clad was a thinner All-Clad D3 Stainless variant with glass lids. It was made in China and was overpriced compared to other companies’ China-made All-Clad knockoffs.2

Very impressive! Do you have a background in metallurgy?

Comment

Cast Iron

Comment

Salad master stainless

Comment

Pots and Pans for the kitchen

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                How do you clean your cast iron?

One of 2 ways. Most of the time after using them I heat them back up and then run them under warm water and steam them off, much like a commercial griddle.

If they are really dirty with cooked on food, get them slightly warm and then use salt and a rag or paper towel to “scrub” them. Then just rinse with warm water and apply a light coat of oil back to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X