Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
    Anyone figure out the orientation deal
    They send out an email week of the hunt with a link to the orientation video on YouTube. It’s the same video I posted earlier in this thread.

Comment

Anyone connect yet? We’re seeing them just not in now range yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
        They send out an email week of the hunt with a link to the orientation video on YouTube. It’s the same video I posted earlier in this thread.
        I can’t see any attachment there.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
          I can’t see any attachment there.
          Not sure where it went.

Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge Bahia Grande Exotic Hunter Orientation. Hunters, must view this video for information regarding rules and regulation...

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
            Anyone connect yet? We’re seeing them just not in now range yet.
            Game warden told us first day someone got a cow. Had a couple of close calls but not close enough…

Comment

I shot a bull yesterday. I was walking in midday and he was standing in the trail broadsided. It was a straight trail so I’m not sure how he didn’t see me coming but as soon as I saw him I dove to my left into the grass so he didn’t see me. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have cause a snake could’ve been there. I had my pack on and my bow on my pack so I had to get all that off and the bow in my hands. By the time I was ready I had to shoot off my back sitting upright. I couldn’t find my arrow so I figure I hit him but I couldn’t find blood.

If anyone kills a bull with a Ravin bolt in it with day six Broadhead, that’s me.

It rained yesterday and was very windy. I’m seeing lots of Nilgai.
              Last edited by landman650; 02-13-2022, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Also for future reference if anyone reads this post. You’re allowed to enter the blue gate entrance off 100 as well as the red gate off 48. The orientation and brochure only mention the gate off 48. Totally changed my hunt plan knowing this.

Comment

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                  Also for future reference if anyone reads this post. You’re allowed to enter the blue gate entrance off 100 as well as the red gate off 48. The orientation and brochure only mention the gate off 48. Totally changed my hunt plan knowing this.
                  Solid info right there. That’s a good field

Comment

Yeah the directions they give and the rules and refs don’t always exactly line up. That rain was gnarly yesterday. Anybody hear of anything else being harvested besides that one cow?

Landman650 how far was that shot?

Comment

Originally posted by CFerg85 View Post
                      Yeah the directions they give and the rules and refs don’t always exactly line up. That rain was gnarly yesterday. Anybody hear of anything else being harvested besides that one cow?

Landman650 how far was that shot?
                      it was more or less 60. I’ll have to measure distance tomorrow on it. I can still see where he was standing since it was right after the rain, his prints were easy to see. My problem was me basically doing a sit-up while
                      Shooting. I had a shot on a cow today but didn’t take it cause of distance. Also had a good stalk on some cows/calves but they saw me at the last minute. They were on a shoreline and since it was low tide, I was able to dip down to the shoreline where they couldn’t see me cover the distance. The problem with 6-8 Nilgai is having that many eyes looking. One saw me while I was coming back up out of the waterline into the grass.
                      Last edited by landman650; 02-13-2022, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Do y’all know how many were killed total on the first hunt? It looks like 1 bull, 1 cow. Which isn’t terrible for 15 or so people on an archery hunt. I forgot to ask the wardens when I saw them today.
                        Bull killed on day 2 and cow on day 3 that I can confirm.

Comment

Game warden told us first day someone got a cow. Had a couple of close calls but not close enough…
                          I got a cow the first day around noon. I clipped a bull’s leg earlier in the morning, but he’s no worse for the ordeal. He went back to courting cows.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKenyon86 View Post
                            I got a cow the first day around noon. I clipped a bull’s leg earlier in the morning, but he’s no worse for the ordeal. He went back to courting cows.
                            Congrats man. I unfortunately **** a cow way back. Seemed like she took a step forward as I shot but can’t be sure. I out the blame only on my self.Followed/tracked for almost 2 miles until she went into some really thick brush never to be seen again. Unit manager told us to go ahead and back out since it was dark. Went back the next morning and pushed as far and as much as I could through there. Did nothing but leave a. Look trail of my own. No doubt she died because when she would start to run she would stop and look pretty woozy. Hate doing that to an animal.

Anybody else get anything that we know of?

Comment

Congrats man. I unfortunately **** a cow way back. Seemed like she took a step forward as I shot but can’t be sure. I out the blame only on my self.Followed/tracked for almost 2 miles until she went into some really thick brush never to be seen again. Unit manager told us to go ahead and back out since it was dark. Went back the next morning and pushed as far and as much as I could through there. Did nothing but leave a. Look trail of my own. No doubt she died because when she would start to run she would stop and look pretty woozy. Hate doing that to an animal.

Anybody else get anything that we know of?
                              I hate to hear that. At least you put in all the effort you could to try to get her. I hate that I “missed” that bull, but I’m glad that I was able to see he wasn’t hurt from my mistake. I’m almost certain I mis-ranged him in hindsight. I called the unit manager yesterday and they said mine was the only one reported. Seems like it was tough all around after that windy second day.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X