Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
    Well guess I’ll be scooping out the ole chicken house for my fertilizer
    I did that last year and had the best tomato and pepper crop I've ever had . I still have 9 jars of salsa left .

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
      I did that last year and had the best tomato and pepper crop I've ever had . I still have 9 jars of salsa left .
      Nothing wrong with that, “organic” fertilizer grown tomato pepper salsa on some scrambled eggs sounds like a winner to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
        Nothing wrong with that, “organic” fertilizer grown tomato pepper salsa on some scrambled eggs sounds like a winner to me.

I have 250 acres of coastal so how many chickens do I need to poop on my fields ? This is going to get ugly fast for folks ... I have sold my round bales for 50 to 65 per for 7 years and with this increase that is over a 100 per and I just don't see cattle prices increasing for the little guys to offset this. Love ya Brandon !

Comment

China's stockpiling grain, urea, and other essentials. Getting ready for something... They have imported 28 million tons of corn.

Last edited by camoclad; 02-09-2022, 09:49 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]1080196[/ATTACH]

Comment

Costs go up and up and up, while our cattle prices stay stagnant. Probably going to be lots more guys selling calves to individuals for butcher rather than running them through the ring at the sale barn. The fertilizer costs are gonna put a real hurt on us all, whether small or large operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                Heard anything about pasture weed spray?
                My herbicide costs are about the same as last year. But glyphosate has almost tripled in price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  They aren’t up 100%…

Listen the dirty little secret is Americans can afford to pay a little more in inflation.. “CNN reporter Stephanie Rhule.

But don’t worry, Biden just approved 30 Mil to “underserved” communities, part of which will bring equality by supplying crack pipes….
                  You can't make sense to the senseless as they just can't understand it all. The educated seem to be the dumbest of all.
                  SMH

A nation that can't feed itself can't do much of anything else.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

$670.36 for a ton of liquid nitrogen here in Hempstead. Veggies will be going for more than live cattle prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      Yes hay prices are definitely gonna be higher and a lot of food plots for wildlife will be re-evaluated.
                      Most guys I know doing hay have been doing unfertilized bahia fields. But Im sure they will go up like those of us who do fertilize.

Comment

I have a small field and my market is horse hay.
                        So I have to fertilize and spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9pCEnEqaz8"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9pCEnEqaz8[/ame]
                          Last edited by CooterBrown; 02-10-2022, 02:24 PM. Reason: Wrong address

Comment

My hay will be 100.00 a bale this next year, not sure what is gonna happen with my cattle yet ?

Comment

It has not gone up 100%.

I just checked mine. Gly has doubled almost yes

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                It has not gone up 100%.

I just checked mine. Gly has doubled almost yes
                                Tell us what you paid and where it is at now. From what I am seeing nationwide it is between 60 and 140% up from prior year.

Comment

Working...
                                X