Planting a pipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planting a pipline

What could I throw out on the pipeline without discing, just mowing it short. Would there be any real benefit to try and plant something.

Mow on regular intervals while it is growing. Might even mow in strips as different times.

Comment

What season??

Comment

Oats grow easily with very little soil contact needed. But it will need a lot of moisture immediately after it’s sewn. I would wait till the end of September to broadcast and then mow with a good chance of rain in the forecast. Good luck to ya

Comment

Whiteside Institute No Plow would work.

Comment

Dove wheat

Comment

I read the title and initially thought some gladis night should be good [emoji56]

We tried Oats on our pipeline easement. They didn't take. We didn't wanna disc anything up for fear of disturbing the pipeline

Comment

Rye grass... not oats

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure. I would mow now , let it grow up and then poison. after grass is dead, Scatter seed oats, wheat, triticale, elbow rye etc. and then mow to cover.
                  As a landowner, I have no issues lightly discing a buried pipeline. Not rye grass.

BP

Comment

That pipeline is much deeper in the ground than one would normally disc. If you kill the vegetation you only need to disc 4” or so. Pipe should have 2.5’ to 3’ of cover.

Comment

That's not true. There are lines all over that are 6" down... heck some are even exposed. There are no laws saying how deep a line has to be.

If you worried about the line call 811 for Texas and some one will come out and locate it, hopefully.

Comment

No way to disc it, just want to throw something out. Lease is by kountze if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          I read the title and initially thought some gladis night should be good [emoji56]

We tried Oats on our pipeline easement. They didn't take. We didn't wanna disc anything up for fear of disturbing the pipeline
                          Most pipelines are feet, if not yards below the soil.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post
                            That's not true. There are lines all over that are 6" down... heck some are even exposed. There are no laws saying how deep a line has to be.

If you worried about the line call 811 for Texas and some one will come out and locate it, hopefully.

That may be so if the line is 30 years old but most later lines are 3’ deep.

If you can’t disc, then kill it with gly and after it’s dead spread your seed and mow it close. If you can’t do that put up a feeder.

Comment

Iron clay peas may take

Comment

Working...
                              X