Another Close call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Close call

This is a fire that started about 1.5 miles east of my house. My wife saw it reported on facebook and we knew it was very close to us. We went outside to see if we could see any smoke, and as soon as we walked outside a huge Forest Service plane was circling our home extremely low. By the grace of God, it and 2 other Forest Service planes were flying from Possum Kingdom to the Glen Rose fire and spotted the fire. They circled for 15-20 minutes dropping fire retardant and saved my friend's home and possibly another huge fire that would have been difficult to get too due to rough and thick terrain. Red retardant was on everything at their home. The fire started from a power line touching a tree. Click on the FB link below to see the planes in action.

Check out link below

Don't take much to light one off right now. Glad they got it stopped.

Comment

Wow, glad that caught it in time!

Comment

Glad those planes were close

Comment

Very glad they were close. Pray for rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of Texas is just a big tender box. Glad they got it put out!

Comment

Wow, that's too close. I'm amazed at the green grass in the first pic.

I put out a small grass fire on the side of the road two weeks ago before it made it to a tall grass neglected pasture. I just happened to drive by and it was the size of the hood of my truck. By time I could turn around and get it out it was the size of a kids bedroom with wind blowing to the pasture.

It's takes but a few minutes to be out of control.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                Wow, that's too close. I'm amazed at the green grass in the first pic.

I put out a small grass fire on the side of the road two weeks ago before it made it to a tall grass neglected pasture. I just happened to drive by and it was the size of the hood of my truck. By time I could turn around and get it out it was the size of a kids bedroom with wind blowing to the pasture.

It's takes but a few minutes to be out of control.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                No joke, everything around here is dead, dry, and ready to burn!

Comment

Glad they found it so quick, couldnt have had better timing

Comment

Awesome that they got it knocked down before it became a bigger problem!

Comment

Prayers for some relief soon for you guys. Really for everyone now. Everywhere I drive I see the potential.

Comment

Working...
                      X