Cruises out of Galveston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruises out of Galveston.

Has anyone gone on a Cruise out of Galveston?

Which Cruise Line and Destination are best? (we have a 5 and 2 year old)

We do Carnival all the time. The best cruise out of Galveston is a 7 day to Roatan, Honduras, Belize City, Belize, and Cozumel, Mexico. We were rerouted one year to Grand Cayman, and Jamaica one year when swine flu was going on.

Comment

Carnival probably best for kids. 24 hr free ice cream, plenty of other kids and even baby sitting. I've done just about all the 7 day routes. They are all fun and good.

Comment

Thanks Fellas!

I forgot to ask, Is October/November good months to go?

Comment

I've always gone during the kids' spring break so not sure on the Fall Months. Spring months are great though, once you get out of Galveston. Weather is hit or miss that time of year in Galveston and since your first day on the boat is spent right there at the dock, a rainy day isn't what the doctor ordered. But, most people are just excited and happy to be on vacation and drinking heavily so a little rain never hurt .

Comment

You could always cruise out of LaPorte at the brand spankin new cruise term......oh wait.......harris county turned that into a barge dock and stuck us taxpayers with the 100 million $ bill. sorry bout that.

Comment

I sail out of Galveston on Carnival almost every October for my wedding anniversary - for kids Carnival will be best

Look into Discount Cruise Parking (name of the company) - best deal on parking and shuttle to/from the ship.

Comment

That’s why I’ll never live in Harris co

Comment

Been on 2 out of Galveston on carnival. Will never cruise again. Boats to crowded and the time you get at your destinations not near enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                    Been on 2 out of Galveston on carnival. Will never cruise again. Boats to crowded and the time you get at your destinations not near enough.
                    Retired friend of mine and his wife just returned last week from the 7 day one out of Galveston on Carnival. He told me the same thing. Lots of large buffet hounds and kiosk type sales people constantly hounding you to buy stuff on the ship. They are the type to take a cruise at least every year or two. With that said he stated they will never do it again.

Comment

Only been on one cruise and it was out of Galveston. We only went on a 4 day to Cozumel and it was pretty fun.

Comment

We took a Carnival cruise out of Galveston to Cozumel once. We spent 3 days in the path of a hurricane with the entire ship locked down and everyone on it sea sick. 20 foot seas and 80 knot winds can really rock a cruise ship.

Comment

I've done both carnival and RC out of Galveston and I liked the RC better, although kids weren't a consideration. Carnival was a little too 'walmartee' and the drunks were irritating. Food was better on RC as well.

Comment

We have started cruising a couple of times a year and I will say Disney for kids to have a great time and Royal Caribbean for adults. Disney has some great values now for Galveston sailings but it is set up different than the other lines. There is no drink package, all the food is included and you pay as you go for alcohol. There is a wine deal for dinner but that is all. We have been on two Disney cruises(without our kids) and we never really saw kids, aside from meals, they love the play areas.

Royal has been good for us, we just relax on the boat, hang out in the pool and hot tubs. We had upgraded dining and drinks and the food was exceptional but we did not dine in the main dining room or buffet. The wife shopped those two packages and got super deals. We are going again in February on Royal, got a great deal on the cruise but the drink package was over $1K for a week. We'd each need 8-9 drinks a day to break even and we don't drink that much. Tried it on the last cruise and made it 2 days and we were done, lol.

Look at Disney, especially if you can make it work avoiding Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Comment

Disney sales out of Galveston.

A 5 and 2 you will be good. Some cruises are still requiring vaccinations for 12 and up. We may never go on a cruise again as we are not vaccinating our kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X