• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just leave this here:
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      I'll just leave this here:
      Been meaning to crush some pork rinds and use as a breading. Aunt did some catfish filets and said it was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        My daughter loves chicken fried dove/ww breasts...we hammer / tenderize / flatten them out before frying. We've tried all sorts of different batters & usually soak a while in whole milk. They are all good.
        We season, tenderize, vacuum pack in picante sauce then freeze til ready to cook. Batter with seasoned flower and fried is the favorite here.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          How clever of you to think of using potato flakes! They are also good incorporated into fresh baked bread.

I’ve used a number of things to “bread” my fish and game. Currently, corn flakes are my favorite. Great crunch and they provide a nice bit of sweetness, too.
          Cornflakes will change your life!!!

I am also impressed with the use of instant mashed potatoes!!

Comment

Thanks for the idea,

Comment

Ok I tried this last night. Holy heck it was good. I texted my son and told him he had to try it and got “you didn’t know about this?” He was holding out on me!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Ok I tried this last night. Holy heck it was good. I texted my son and told him he had to try it and got “you didn’t know about this?” He was holding out on me!!
                  Glad you liked them.

I've used these to introduce a lot of non-game eaters into wild game. So far everyone doesn't hate them lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    How clever of you to think of using potato flakes! They are also good incorporated into fresh baked bread.

I’ve used a number of things to “bread” my fish and game. Currently, corn flakes are my favorite. Great crunch and they provide a nice bit of sweetness, too.
                    Sweetness ? Are you using Frosted Flakes, I use just straight corn flakes, found frosted to be way to sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      Sweetness ? Are you using Frosted Flakes, I use just straight corn flakes, found frosted to be way to sweet.

No, not Frosted Flakes, just regular corn flakes. The sweetness comes from the corn.

Comment

Trying this next time!

Comment

my favorite way too cook um!

Comment

I season them, tenderize then vacuum pack in Picante sauce. Thaw, bread and fry whenever you get a hankering. Good thing about vacuum packing is you can thaw and cook tomorrow or a year later.

Comment

Working...
                            X