So I was having a moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was having a moment

i went out to see Dad. We needed to talk.

Been a rough few months. Had some setbacks to things I was led to believe were shoe ins. Got to solve them next week.
    So I get to be buried next to Dad.[emoji1303] He's the one with the weeds.
    Grandpa and Grandma, his folks, are the next row closer to the field. Their headstone is sinking and theres a low spot over Grandma. Small issues. To the right of them is my Aunt and Uncle. I saw this and saw red.
    I'm just coming back down from a moment so I decided I'll handle this Monday. Tact and Diplomacy aren't my strong points.
    Tomorrow I'm thinking of walking and looking for more.

It sucks going through this alone. Sibling's have family and friends up here. I don't yet.

Thanks for listening.

Yes Dad and I had a good talk. Someone needed permission. Don't know if I needed permission from him to claim his house or if he needed permission from me to continue to be dead. Yes I know it's all in my jacked brain, but it is/was still needed and given. What was given you ask. Something was, I don't know what. When I left the bank I didn't want to go back to Dad's, I was planning on asking my sister if I could crash on her couch.
    After our talk I came home and made my bed. Used to be his house and his bed so it's like eating an elephant.
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-02-2022, 07:41 PM.

I know the feeling, we just laid my mom to rest today and I am sure I will make some trips myself.

Comment

Know the feeling bud. Prayers sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a lonely desolate feeling. Mom and dad.

Comment

Keep your chin up sir!

Comment

My prayers are with you Kyle. God is good. God is big enough.

Comment

What Mike said^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                I know the feeling, we just laid my mom to rest today and I am sure I will make some trips myself.
                Sorry brother [emoji17]
                I wish I could say it gets easier. I hear it does, just hadn't got me yet

Comment

One day at a time.

Comment

Where they were laid to rest is beautiful. But where they rest now is more beautiful than you or I can imagine.

Comment

I know that it's tough right now. Thats part of the grieving process, and nothing to be sorry for at all. Yes, there are a lot of things to deal with and changes to be made. There will still be tears shed and smiles, even laughter, at past memories. But as each day passes into weeks, months, and years the hurt will diminish and the joy of all that has passed will bring a peace of knowing that it is now our turn to be the men that our Dads raised us to be.

Comment

I wish I could see my father in that position. Getting beat up as a kid, means no love lost.

Comment

Sorry for your loss and hopefully things get better by the day.

My mom passed in November of 2021. She was ready to go home as she told me so. I took it as a relief to not seeing the strong woman I always admired suffering no longer. I was glad she got her final wishes.

Comment

It will get better. You’ll start to focus on the times that you had together instead of your loss. Actually, as Christians they are not lost. You know exactly where they are. I like going to my parents gravesite. I understand that all that’s there is their remains. But it brings me peace. I don’t understand folks that never return to their loved ones gravesite. My wife and her sister fall into that category. Peace and strength to all of y’all who have buried your Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                            X