Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats. you should be very proud..

Comment

Congrats. Glad to see the tradition continues.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntingarcher View Post
        Congrats! I remember my dad getting his back in the mid 70's.He took the course at Camp Strake when it was in Conroe.
        I went to (Conroe) Strake for my first summer camp, somewhere around 1984ish. My Wood Badge course was at the new Strake, in Coldspring. I remember weird details about the old camp. We were there the first summer that their rappelling tower opened. One of our merit badge counselors let us cut out early so we didn't have to wait in line for 2 hours to rappel! The new camp is incredible and as expected has so much more stuff.

I now have fond memories of both!

Comment

Dang, I'm old. We summer camped at Strake in the late 60's

Comment

Forgot to post the picture.
            This is from my beading ceremony on September 12, at our first Pack meeting of the year.
            Left to right ... Dean and Karen (staff), Holly and Phillip (classmates from my patrol), me, Cassie (staff), Susan (my troop guide), and Jennaye (staff).

Click image for larger version

Name:	beading.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	24692838

To those that are not familiar with Scouts and Wood Badge, when you've completed your goals, your "ticket" is complete. You then have a beading ceremony where they remove a plaid neckerchief and woggle,

Name:	2209.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	24692840

that you got during the 2nd day of training and replace it with a coral colored neckerchief, leather woggle, and your "beads".

Name:	Wood-Badge-Woggle-and-Beads.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24692841

These 3 items are now part of your adult scout uniform.

The kids wear neckerchiefs as well, that are usually color coded by their rank. Adult cub scout leaders wear a blue neckerchief with yellow trim. Adult boy scout leaders usually wear a neckerchief that matches the ones the boys wear, which could be a standard BSA issue or a custom one of their choosing.

These coral neckerchiefs are only worn by adults that have completed the course and it makes them very easy to pick out in a crowd. The beads are always worn with the neckerchief, but can also be worn without.

Not a whole lot of leaders take the time to do this course. In my cub scout unit, there are 17 registered leaders. So far, I am the only one to complete Wood Badge. I will be trying to get more to do it as it is a very informative and useful course.

Comment

Working...
            X