Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needy family in search of affordable transmission repair in or around Terrell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like some nearby options. Do they have ability to haul or tow it to other shop options?

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      Sounds like some nearby options. Do they have ability to haul or tow it to other shop options?
      I am going to try to help her get it away from the dealership and to a independent transmission shop about 4 miles away tomorrow. I hope it drives and we make it...guess it will have to be towed if not. Either way....Platinum won't be doing any repairs that's for sure.

I will circle back when we get a more realistic repair quote and go from there. Thanks in advance for any help.
      I'm not sure if a GoFund account is the best way to go. 🤔

Comment

Id donate! Transmission shop best way to go op! Keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          I am going to try to help her get it away from the dealership and to a independent transmission shop about 4 miles away tomorrow. I hope it drives and we make it...guess it will have to be towed if not. Either way....Platinum won't be doing any repairs that's for sure.

I will circle back when we get a more realistic repair quote and go from there. Thanks in advance for any help.
          I'm not sure if a GoFund account is the best way to go. [emoji848]

If you have a Venmo, just post it up and go that way. Your word and reputation should be enough for anyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d be happy to contribute.

Comment

I'll be happy to throw some in.

Comment

its a 62TE transmission, I believe. A rebuild with warranty is probably $2200-2500. I will pitch in if you can find someone, other than Dodge, to put it in. someone will donate the labor I am sure.

Comment

FWIW
                  “” there a recall on a 2016 Chrysler Town and Country transmission
                  The transmission pump may seize causing a loss of hydraulic pressure. If the transmission loses hydraulic pressure, the vehicle may lose motive power, increasing the risk of a crash. Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission pump, free of charge. The recall began on August 18, 2016.””

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    Used are $1200 to 2K
                    And I bet Johnny could find you one.
                    This is the route I'd go.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                      FWIW
                      “” there a recall on a 2016 Chrysler Town and Country transmission
                      The transmission pump may seize causing a loss of hydraulic pressure. If the transmission loses hydraulic pressure, the vehicle may lose motive power, increasing the risk of a crash. Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission pump, free of charge. The recall began on August 18, 2016.””
                      This really sounds like something to check into but only a dealership will be able to take care of.

Comment

I don't have much to spare but will pledge a bit towards the bill. Rascal, let me know how to help.

Comment

Like I said, tomorrow I'm going to help the wife get the van from the dealership to the transmission shop about 4 miles away. I will follow her in my truck with the flashers on. She limped it to the dealership in low gear so hopefully it will make it.

I appreciate the support already guys....TBH is a blessing for sure as this family is about to find out.

I will check on the potential recall with the dealership while I'm there tomorrow. The service manager is about to find out what RASCALARMS is all about! I've had a few hours to mull over their quote and its just not sitting well with me. 😡

Comment

I’d love to hear from the dealership how they arrived at 8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                              I don't have much to spare but will pledge a bit towards the bill. Rascal, let me know how to help.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'd at least see if the recall has been taken care of and if not have them fix that before you take it to a independent shop. You never know it may fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X