Price for trophy hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price for trophy hunts?

Just curious what a typical day hunt would cost for a 200 class white tail? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

$10,000

Comment

200 class is probably 10,000 and up.

Comment

I was gonna say $12,000 plus.

Comment

I'm betting 15k.

Comment

You can go up to quest haven or timber ghost and do it for 6500

Comment

Gonna be a lot more than that if its native.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                Yeah this is where the huge price gap is. Native high fence is up there. $15k+. Low fence? Huge money. Pen raised high fence? You can find them for $5k ish.

Comment

A 200 nt about 12g. A free range 200 typical? Name your price.

Comment

The H4 Ranch in Rocksprings has them for 8500. 200s

Comment

And this is why you are so against deer breeders. Prove me wrong.

This is not to be out of line, just have to realize the ROI min 6-8 years on a “native” buck and 2-4 years on a deer with enhanced genetics. Dang right I would want more if it took that long to gain that much.
                      Last edited by justin156bc; 08-01-2022, 08:16 PM. Reason: Lil clarification

Comment

Low fence 200+ doubt you can even find one to kill, if so would probably be 20k+
                        High fence 200-220 inch deer you can find for 8K

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                          And this is why you are so against deer breeders. Prove me wrong.

This is not to be out of line, just have to realize the ROI min 6-8 years on a “native” buck and 2-4 years on a deer with enhanced genetics. Dang right I would want more if it took that long to gain that much.
                          Whats your ROI when you pop a positive?

I'm pro Native Deer because those are the deer I and almost everyone find most interesting.

By your logic, I actually should be super pro breeder because the more places that go non-native, the less native deer there are, thus making what we do even more rare and cost more.

Process matters to hunters. That's why kick and pop northern are worth very little. Kick and pop mostly texas are worth a little more. Released as yearling and "pasture raised" are worth more yet. Native fenced are worth way more, and native low fence are worth the most.

There is really very little competition between the hunt types. As hunters get more educated, the difference gets even more stark.

You want to make my motivation about economics. It's not.
                          Last edited by Encinal; 08-01-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

You got that right.

Comment

So roughly $10k for high fenced? Give or take a couple grand.

Comment

Working...
                              X