No announcement yet.

Chicken livers and gizzards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schep's Chicken Shack on 61st Street in Galveston had the best ever. I could hurt myself on the chicken fried liver, gizzards and fried biscuits!!

Comment

I love gizzards. I will eat some chicken liver but calf liver is great.

Comment

Massey's in Ft. Worth, the best ever since 1950. Don't know if they are still open, but go try 'em if they are. Chicken fried steak was good also.

Great catfish bait ,also.

Comment

Massey's restaurant is no longer there

Comment

Don't care for the gizzards. Fry me up some livers, add some fried okra. Cook up some collard greens and fry some cornbread. Make a big pitcher of iced tea. Generously sprinkle livers and okra with Texas Pete Hot Sauce. Add some hot pepper vinegar to the collards. If you're really lucky there'll be homemade Banana Pudding to follow up.

Comment

There used to be a resturant in Victoria called "Texas Drive In". They had a mixed gizzard/liver platter that would take a commitment to finish. SOOOO good.

I still get gizzards when we go through Hallettsville at the little gas station that used to be Morton's.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                Massey's restaurant is no longer there
                Thank you for the update. Dang shame.

Comment

CE livers and Luby’s beef liver. Good groceries right there.

Comment

I ain't had beef liver in a long time. It's kind of hard to find a restaurant that cooks it now days. I bet I ain't had beef liver in at least 15 years.

Comment

Rodee's in Eagle Pass has some great spicy gizzards, chicken is awesome too, we stop there going and coming from Mexico deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                        I really do miss Team Gizzard at Bownanza. If you weren't around back then, well, you missed out on some great gizzard eating, washed down with a shot or three of Fighting Cock.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I make gizzards all the time in the pressure cooker. Chicken broth, bell peppers, and seasoning. Then let ‘em swim in some gravy and put over rice.
                          All my buddies say I coulda caught some good catfish to fry instead of wasting gizzards on that, but I wouldn’t have em any other way….well fried maybe [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like them both. I will make gizzards and dip them in my hot wing sauce

Comment

I love almost burnt livers with extra heavy salt. Eat those things like popcorn. If chicken express would do the chipotle breeding on them. I’d beat the door down to get me some.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Chicken express gizzards with gravy.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X