Mobile RV mechanic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile RV mechanic needed

Does anyone on here do Mobile RV repairs or know someone that does?

We are having AC issues on the travel trailer out at the ranch in Junction. Any help is appreciated.

Contact Carey Birdwell on here. Screen name is careybirdwell. He's a mobile rv mechanic.
    Last edited by doghouse; 07-22-2022, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Whats the a/c doing. If it's freezing up and not cooling, best to change it out. Those units are sealed, u can't add freon to them

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
        Whats the a/c doing. If it's freezing up and not cooling, best to change it out. Those units are sealed, u can't add freon to them
        I'm no expert, but basically in this summer heat it is not condensating and and not really cooling. when the evening comes and outdoor temps cools down, the AC works fine. gets cold, there is condensation running off the roof everything.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          Contact Carey Birdwell on here. Screen name is careybirdwell. He's a mobile rv mechanic.
          thanks. I sent him message and will see if he gets back to me

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
            Carey is in Magnolia so probably out of his range.

2 reviews of MOBILE RV REPAIR "This is actually named "Jimmy's RV Repair Shop, according to Jimmy's card. Jimmy Lopez. Certified Onan Generator Technicians, Qualified RV technicians. Jimmy and his crew are simply terrific. Polite and accommodating. Jimmy went out of his way to help us, and diagnosed a problem in the generator within minutes. Fixed within an hour. the repair would have required a replacement of the entire carburetor, but he was able to fix it and it runs perfectly. He has worked on our rig before, and is not only fast, he is thorough. I will return for routine maintenance, and repair as needed."

For Mobile RV Repairs near Fredericksburg TX, we will come to you! Our Mobile RV repairs and service covers Fredericksburg, Kerrville, and Boerne TX.

You might call an RV park and ask for recommendations also.

Informed RVers have rated 7 campgrounds near Junction, Texas. Access 780 trusted reviews, 618 photos & 203 tips from fellow RVers. Find the best campgrounds & rv parks near Junction, Texas.

Comment

There’s a few mobile rv services out of San Angelo.

Comment

You might check the filter in the unit to see if it needs to be washed and cleaned out.

Comment

I'm no expert, but basically in this summer heat it is not condensating and and not really cooling. when the evening comes and outdoor temps cools down, the AC works fine. gets cold, there is condensation running off the roof everything.
                  Mine does the same thing. It is an 87 model. I just don't use it during the day knowing it won't help. Works great at night though.

Comment

sounds fairly typical for an RV out in the sun when its 105 degrees out

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      Thanks Mark

Pm replied

Comment

You might try climbing up on the roof and clean the coils. Check the air filter also.

Comment

might look at one of the portable units to help it cool down the trailer, might just be too hot for it to manage

Comment

Normal for an RV A/C, I took a brand new RV to Big Bend in the middle of summer and it would not keep RV cool inside with 2 a/C units. Got a third put on and it helped a bunch. 100 degrees plus and RV don’t mix

Comment

BLOCKS 95% UV RAYS | HAIL PROTECTION | REDUCES UTILITY COSTS | KEEPS RV COOL | EASY INSTALLATION & STORAGE | REPELS 85% OF RAIN | EXTREME HEAT & DESERT CLIMATES | "SAVE WITH SHADE"

Unfortunately I think this is your only option to keep cool. These help a ton

Comment

Working...
                              X