Clear All

Prolly a lifter
    Not an issue just annoying
    Try a bottle of seafoam in oil before chg

Comment

I have a Silverado 2011, bought new.
      [emoji17]

Comment

Every time I see a pick-up with a banged-up tail gate, I exclaim to my wife that someone let their wife use the truck. It's a thing with us. Sort of a joke. What isn't a joke is the fact that she plays the music so loud that engine noises are seldom noticed by her. I'm the one that has to tell her that the alternator has developed a whine or the engine has a ticking sound that I need to check out. I totally understand why the original post mentioned the wife using the truck.
        Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 07-03-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Does the oil pressure gauge show good oil pressure at all times when the truck is running?

Comment

Could be piston slap but usually that is only on warm up. But, known to happen on these engines.

LMAO on people ragging on their wives driving the cars. What could they possibly do to a car these days with all the electronic nannies on them!? Maybe driving too hard before getting to full temp (my wife very guilty of this). But seriously, modern automatic cars you can’t do much to them just driving them…… Also why I have no problem buying used cars these days. Guess you could run out of oil. But, I would put that as your problem, not your wife’s.

Comment

More than likely you’re going to have a lifter failure in the DOD system. Best bet is find a shop that can delete and tune the DOD/AFM out. Requires a new cam, springs and lifters but gets rid of the hydraulic two piece lifters that fail and eats the cam up.

Comment

Injectors clatter, I would just go with what your mechanic said. You should hear the injectors in my track car. On a motor well known to let loose, or at the very least have major oil consumption issues. Very unnerving.

Drive it til it dies. Hope the diet/health kick it's going well.

Comment

My 2013 Silverado had a knocking noise that would come and go. It finally stayed knocking all the time. Had it looked at and the noise was down deep. Either rod bearings or crank shaft bearings. I had a Jasper engine put in for a whole lot cheaper than another truck.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                    More than likely you’re going to have a lifter failure in the DOD system. Best bet is find a shop that can delete and tune the DOD/AFM out. Requires a new cam, springs and lifters but gets rid of the hydraulic two piece lifters that fail and eats the cam up.
                    This. The displacement on demand system in these trucks are notorious for failing. When it fails it takes out the cam, then you end up with oil that has a sparkly look to it due to the tiny metal shavings. If caught soon enough you can just do a cam/lifter/spring swap as well as a tune to disable DOD. If it is ran too long then the sparkly oil will end up taking out bearings and then you’ve got a bigger mess to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                      What’s the edit for? I might be an Aggie, but at least I’m not a *****![emoji6]
                      You’re that too…

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        Injectors clatter, I would just go with what your mechanic said. You should hear the injectors in my track car. On a motor well known to let loose, or at the very least have major oil consumption issues. Very unnerving.

Drive it til it dies. Hope the diet/health kick it's going well.

I think I will. Going to look into one of those extended warranties.

The diet is going good. Just reached below 330 mark. Slowly moving down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would hold off buying a vehicle as prices will eventually go down some IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            First mistake you let your wife drive it. Keep driving it.
                            My wife drives everything in the driveway. I am more likely to break them. Yesterday I figured out how to do burn outs in the newest coupe. To many buttons on these new cars...
                            Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 07-03-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              My wife drives everything in the driveway. I am more likely to break them. Yesterday I figured out how to do burn outs in the newest coupe. To many buttons on these new cars...
                              We need video of said burn outs.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                                Every time I see a pick-up with a banged-up tail gate, I exclaim to my wife that someone let their wife use the truck. It's a thing with us. Sort of a joke.
                                Not a joke in my house since that’s exactly what happened to my pickup. So much for back up cameras. It’s a good thing I value her more that any material possessions.

Comment

Working...
                                X