Crushed Limestone Pad Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crushed Limestone Pad Question

With Barndo build now complete, we have moved to the outside for dirt work (flower beds, landscaping) and carports and boat barn pads. We are going to use crushed limestone for the pads.

My elementary question for the day as I estimate how much I need is how deep should I lay the limestone for my base?
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

I believe the guys that did my limestone put down 6 in.

Comment

0 inches. Use 6”s recycled asphalt instead.

Comment

I installed 4-5 inches of 1 inch crushed stone over woven geotextile fabric. It has made a great drive way. We also have our RV parked on a pad built the same way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
          With Barndo build now complete, we have moved to the outside for dirt work (flower beds, landscaping) and carports and boat barn pads. We are going to use crushed limestone for the pads.

My elementary question for the day as I estimate how much I need is how deep should I lay the limestone for my base?
          Minimum 6” over stabilized sub grade or some type of geogrid.

Comment

take it from me, I learned the hard way.... go with the larger crush 1/4+ granite or it will wash away in spots

Comment

Crushed granite is being used in a lot of places, for parking lots. It's usually a good bit finer than limestone.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Just pour concrete and keep the dust down... you gots money..... doubles as a party area ;-)

Comment

Really depends on the soil type you are placing it on

Comment

Have you looked into GS100. It will get as hard as concrete. They typically use it in pipe yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I had your money, I'd install a crushed limestone subbase in a geocell (cellular confinement) and top it with crushed granite.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        0 inches. Use 6”s recycled asphalt instead.
                        I used recycled asphalt at my house and I am very please on how it came out. For my driveway, I laid the asphalt over a 6" crushed limestone existing road and its solid. The crushed asphalt was easy to move around when it was dumped and has setup great.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                          I used recycled asphalt at my house and I am very please on how it came out. For my driveway, I laid the asphalt over a 6" crushed limestone existing road and its solid. The crushed asphalt was easy to move around when it was dumped and has setup great.
                          Smart man. Limestone is nasty when it’s wet and nasty when it’s dry. But it does make a good base.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                            Out of curiosity how much did you have in that per square foot materials and labor.

Comment

Concrete will be taxed by your appraisal district where limestone won't be.

Comment

Working...
                              X