Bergara B14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara B14

Considering one for varmint hunting. Anyone tried one?

I'll likely go with a 22-250 or 243, cut it down to 18" and have it threaded. This rifle will be carried quite a bit while making calls so I'm looking to keep the weight down, no heavy barrels.
    Last edited by Plain Lucky; 02-25-2023, 02:59 PM.

Solid rifles for the money. Rem 700 footprint means aftermarket support is endless for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d keep the length in the barrel. Especially if your going with a 22-250 or 243. Keep the length and keep the extra velocity. In reality you’re getting one shot a coyote or cat each set. Having it suppressed doesn’t help much in varmint hunting IMOP. I have a Bergara wilderness in 308. Awesome rifle.

My varmint set up is a cz 527 in 223 with a 26” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I recently got the B14 Ridge in 7mm-08. Killed the first pig that I shot at @ 214 yards. The trigger on mine is great. It weighs 7.5 lbs without scope, so the Ridge may not be what you want for moving around a lot. But, it seems to be a quality firearm.
        Last edited by mclipp; 02-25-2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Top notch rifle. I am very pleased with mine and would buy again.

I might even go to say I enjoy is as much as my Sako’s.

Comment

I have the B14 Ridge SP in 308 with the threaded 18” barrel. Nicest rifle I have had.

Comment

Thanks for all of the great feedback. I'm likely looking at the "B14 Hunter." Anyone tried it yet? I looked at a B14 Hunter and a Howa 1500 in a gun shop yesterday and still want to look at a Tikka Lite. I liked the action on the Bergara better than the Howa, but liked the stock on the Howa slightly better. Overall they were very close and both very nice but I think I'm leaning towards the Bergara.

Comment

I have the Bergara HMR in 22-250 and it is a great rifle. Too heavy to carry around so would recommend the ridge.

Comment

If that ridge has the regular stock, I would go that route over the HMR style stocks.

I had every intention of buying a Tikka as well when I started looking looking, and ended up on the Bergara. Fit and finish is so much better IMHO.

I have a Ridge SP like TX83.

Comment

Bergara B14

If your close to the DFW area I can get you any Bergara you decide on.
                    I’m an FFL

Comment

I bought a 22-250 Bergara B14 Hunter two years ago; it's been a great rifle and has seen a lot of use.

Comment

I have the wilderness ridge in a 7mag and love it

Comment

Looks like it's unanimous! Thanks to all

Brownwdbwhunter thanks, will check with you before ordering elsewhere but it be a couple of months.

Comment

No problem!
                            You can email me at greg@sandstonetactical.com or call at 817–405-6846
                            I take cash credit card venmo or Zelle

Comment

Originally posted by brownwdbwhunter View Post
                              No problem!
                              You can email me at greg@sandstonetactical.com or call at 817–405-6846
                              I take cash credit card venmo or Zelle

Sent you an email.

Comment

Working...
                              X