Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
    My personal favorite was the homeless tent camp off 377 headed west.

Be careful out there! It’s worth the risk tho [emoji6]
    I found one on the east side of 377 one morning last year, called Roanoke PD and it got taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
      There was a local police officer that had a feeder and a rifle stand out there years back.

The local landowners found and reported it. I wouldn’t have believed it if i didn’t see the cellphone pics.

Grapevine is just like any other wooded, semi-secluded place near a metropolitan area. It’s full of nuts. My personal favorite was the homeless tent camp off 377 headed west.

Be careful out there! It’s worth the risk tho [emoji6]
      Homeless camps…seen several out there over the years. Been in more than one uncomfortable situation over the years. Y’all be safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
        Homeless camps…seen several out there over the years. Been in more than one uncomfortable situation over the years. Y’all be safe out there.
        LTC concealed carry on all public land. Always. I occasionally go to Tawakoni when I want to slum it and there are some tweakers out there! Luckily haven't encountered the homeless camps on Grapevine yet.

Comment

Sat this morning with my kiddo, saw 3 does but no shot opportunities. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a tough season, the regular streams and ponds I would sit are all bone dry and a lot of the acorns I came across looked to have been dropped and consumed quite awhile ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
            Sat this morning with my kiddo, saw 3 does but no shot opportunities. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a tough season, the regular streams and ponds I would sit are all bone dry and a lot of the acorns I came across looked to have been dropped and consumed quite awhile ago.
            I'm gonna need a bit more positivity, sir!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
              I'm gonna need a bit more positivity, sir!

They are out there, just might need a new strategy if you aren’t having luck, but of course this could all change at a moments notice so who knows!

What I can tell you for sure is there are some brick house hogs wandering around, I have a few that are easily 250lb+ showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
                They are out there, just might need a new strategy if you aren’t having luck, but of course this could all change at a moments notice so who knows!

What I can tell you for sure is there are some brick house hogs wandering around, I have a few that are easily 250lb+ showing up.
                I'm hoping the couple of smaller 6 points that kept hanging around me last year grew enough this year to take. We'll see!

As for the hogs, yes they are there! I'll settle for a good 100-125lb sow. Good eating!

Comment

Have the kids in a tree now. Bumped up 5 deer on the way in. Hopefully the kids get a shot.

Comment

Saturday evening I sat my first time. With only one afternoon to scout before October I am realizing I may be in for a long slow season.

Only thing I saw was a healthy armadillo.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                      Saturday evening I sat my first time. With only one afternoon to scout before October I am realizing I may be in for a long slow season.

Only thing I saw was a healthy armadillo.
                      Armadillo population is plentiful hahah. I saw at least 6 walking in the other day.

Comment

Hoping we get some of this rain showing in the forecast this weekend. Hopefully I'll be out Saturday or Sunday. All of the bucks on cam right before the opener have all disappeared. Time for a new plan!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Hoping we get some of this rain showing in the forecast this weekend. Hopefully I'll be out Saturday or Sunday. All of the bucks on cam right before the opener have all disappeared. Time for a new plan!
                          My cams are slowwwww! Hoping it gets better! The cold front next week should be good!

Comment

Found my sd card stolen the other day, which sucks but I could live with it. However, the moron left my camera open and it got rained on and ruined it. Would have cost him the same to just close it back. The joys of public hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
                              Found my sd card stolen the other day, which sucks but I could live with it. However, the moron left my camera open and it got rained on and ruined it. Would have cost him the same to just close it back. The joys of public hunting
                              Man that really sucks! My friend had a camera stolen there recently and the other camera (that wasn't ours and hadn't messed with) nearby was stolen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
                                I've had cameras and SD cards stolen before. I don't get taking just the SD card. Is it a "I can't see them so you shouldn't be able to see them" mentality or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X