No announcement yet.

CO tags changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine done! Have 7 points for mule deer and elk. No plans to use them in the near future lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      all OTC will be gone in 5-8 years. take note Residents in all western states want NR gone.

Unfortunately the selfishness plays right in to the Liberal anti-hunting ideology. If NR cant hunt, their conservation, legislature and associated monetary support disappears. When that happens Residence hunting voice deceases in power significantly. CO is going to loose a huge chunk of hits hunting by tag numbers in next decade
      Yep. It's all across the west not just CO. I've said this same thing numerous times and just been beat over the head time and time again that I'm just a whiny NR, just cause I can't "run a bullet or hook through animal" doesn't mean I can't still recreate there

Comment

Totally missed the draw myself. Was just wanting a pp so I guess it slipped my mind.

Comment

some units have made the change allready. the unit we hunt has done away with the OTC this season so we had to put in for the draw in that unit , we`ll see if we get tags or not.

Comment

Thanks for info. I'm burning by deer points this year and will do the same with my elk points next year.

Comment

Yeah, get ready for drawing an out of state tag as the long haul!

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
              Colorado is looking to make serious changes to tag allocation for Non Residents. Guys/gals with a lot of point might seriously look into burning them.

Co is looking to change regular and high demand units . Proposed changes to make regular units 75/25 split, and 90/10 for high demand. HD units are defined are unit that require 6+ point to draw. That's most of CO for elk and muley rifle hunts. Also looking at more changes to OTC Elk but nothing specified.

What that means is point creep is going to be ALOT worse if these changes are implemented. Something to think about this application season.

Comment

Working...
              X