Does anyone have a "scrape tree" they planted in a food plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a "scrape tree" they planted in a food plot

I have been watching some videos of mock scrapes and a lot of people swear by planting a small tree by itself in their food plot. I saw that Mark Drury also tried to market a fake tree that you could attach limbs onto for this purpose. If anyone has had any luck doing this or any pictures please share. Thanks In advance for the wisdom that is sure to follow.

We didn’t plant them. But there were already some small Cedar Elms growing in the field we decided to put the forage plot in. We cut some down, but left a few for whipping on and for bucks to scrape under. We even trimmed up the lower limbs, so hanging branches were just the right height. Every one of them has a scrape underneath right now. I’ve watched multiple bucks and does work these scrapes over the past 3 weeks. So I’m a believer.

Comment

They seem to love the china berry trees and young mesquite on my place. Those are pretty easy to plant and grow. Just throw the seeds/ berries where you want your tree. They grow fast so within a year of 2 the bucks will be all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by GtownBowhunter View Post
        I have been watching some videos of mock scrapes and a lot of people swear by planting a small tree by itself in their food plot. I saw that Mark Drury also tried to market a fake tree that you could attach limbs onto for this purpose. If anyone has had any luck doing this or any pictures please share. Thanks In advance for the wisdom that is sure to follow.
        I didn't plant one, there was a "Huckle Berry bush" on the edge of my plot that I have made mock scrapes under and a small Water Oak on another. You don't have to plant one, just use whats available.

Comment

Working...
        X