Cottonseed Range Cubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed Range Cubes

I threw out 100lbs of cottonseed range cubes in front of our trail cameras this past weekend to see if the deer would eat them. They are meant for cattle, so they are the big pellets, but I wanted to give them a try and see how they did. They are 38% protein. Anybody else ever tried the cottonseed range cubes for deer?

I haven't fed the cottonseed cubes but last summer I fed some 24% 3/4 cattle cubes and the deer took to them the same day I put them out I'm sure they will eat them as well.

Comment

following

Comment

Nice

Comment

Yes, they will eat range cubes. They just know in them.

Comment

Yes they will eat them. The place that I buy them from in Brownfield, Tx makes a smaller pellet that will flow through a protein feeder. The deer hammer them. I've also fed the larger pellets when the smaller pellets are not available and the deer eat those also. It's funny to watch them. It looks like they are eating jawbreakers but it doesn't slow them down any.

Comment

Please keep us posted.

Comment

Following! I'm trying to locate cotton seed between Katy and Bracketville.

Comment

I'll let you know how they work and see if I end up getting any good pictures from our trail cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                    Yes they will eat them. The place that I buy them from in Brownfield, Tx makes a smaller pellet that will flow through a protein feeder. The deer hammer them. I've also fed the larger pellets when the smaller pellets are not available and the deer eat those also. It's funny to watch them. It looks like they are eating jawbreakers but it doesn't slow them down any.

Can you share what the brand name is of the smaller cube you use? These might be an alternative to cotton seed for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bullman63 View Post
                      Can you share what the brand name is of the smaller cube you use? These might be an alternative to cotton seed for me.
                      The place is called CPE Feeds in Brownfield, Texas. Cost varies with the cottonseed market. The pellets are made with a molasses blend and the deer just hammer them. Protein content is higher than most protein pellets although just because it is higher doesn't mean that the deer will benefit from it. From what I understand, their system can only process so much protein and the rest is coming right out the tailpipe.
                      It's a good product and I've used it for years.

Comment

Great, thank you!!

Comment

Any pics I would love to see these cubes and how they work.

Comment

Range Cubes - Feed Tag

Here is a picture of the feed tag:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Cottonseed Cubes_Feed Tag (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	24423359

I'm hoping to have trail camera pictures by the end of this week. I'll be sure to post pictures once I get the memory cards.

Comment

huh ours are 32%

They will probably eat them... bet the hogs LOVE them lol

I'll bet you get some takers though

Comment

Working...
                              X