No announcement yet.

Kinetic Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am impressed with those #'s. That is definitley spitting an arrow downrange. I will give you a little advice from an ole man with bad shoulders, that weight is not bad when you are young, but it will work on your shoulders the older you get.

Once again, very impressive and I would truly like to see that bow in action. I doubt that with that arrow weight you would even hear that bow shoot!

Comment

Thanks its really not as bad as you think to pull its just getting used to a lil I shot every other day or every chance I get. So I'm used to it now I love it

Comment

I used to shoot a Mathews Safari Custom bow at 106lbs shooting a 757gr arrow at 273fps and I was getting right at 125lbs KE

Mudslinger is definitely correct... "that weight is not bad when you are young, but it will work on your shoulders the older you get."

I never thought it but I'm 38 now and all that weigh has killed my ginglymus (elbows) my right shoulder has a little damage.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

70# recurves, 80# compounds with 35 to 50% let off, really do a number on shoulders.(been there and done that!)

If you really want to know what should not get hurt in drawing a bow, it is the shoulders and elbow. I would be willing to bet that 95%+ of people do not draw a bow with the correct muscles, the back. I have a little device that was made for a person that could not draw a bow because of a shoulder injury and believe me, it completely takes your arm out of the drawing process, it forces you to only draw properly with your back muscles. The first time I tried the device, I thought I would never get my bow back! It is called a Rip Shot and it will teach you the correct way to draw and hold the bow. it is amazing how well and steady you can hold a bow at full draw with this device!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              https://www.archeryreport.com/articl...entum-archery/

This will give you the KE and momentum formulas and the last the way to get your foc.

www.goldtip.com/calculators/foc.asp
              Mudslinger these are awesome links, thanks for the info!

Comment

What do you need that here in Texas for? Just curious.

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
                Its a 93lb GT500 set at 29dl shooting a 730gr DG FMJ at 273 fps. That's how I get what I calc.

Comment

I just like seeing it hit animals like a ton of bricks...about 80% of the animals i shot this year with it dropped in their tracks (i didnt spine them either). Its really not as heavy a pull as you would think with the binary cam system. Another thing is there is not very many 90lb Elites out there and if mine gets stolen it might be a little easier to find than your normal bow...1 Because its 90lbs 2. there is not gonna be very many people if any at all that would want one this heavy.

Comment

Working...
                  X