Ever felt you were busted because of Stainless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever felt you were busted because of Stainless

I am thinking there were a couple of times I was busted while using stainless steel barrels when I would not have been with blue or black. How about you?

It happen to me a few years ago. I stuck the barrel out the window of the blinds and I believe that the deer could easily see it

Comment

All of my hunting rifles have blued or coated barrels for this reason.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

My main rifle is a matte stainless & it’s never been an issue

The movement we create pushing the barrel out the window is likely more of an issue IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
          My main rifle is a matte stainless & it’s never been an issue

The movement we create pushing the barrel out the window is likely more of an issue IMO

Movement? I thought it was the noise I made hitting the roof, then every side of the window opening trying to get the barrel out of the box. [emoji848]

I keep a camo cover tied around my stainless barrels for the shiny object reason, not sure if it helps- but makes me feel better about it.

Comment

I don't worry about stainless barrels but I do have to be careful about the glint of sunlight off the bottom of a beer can

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              Movement? I thought it was the noise I made hitting the roof, then every side of the window opening trying to get the barrel out of the box. [emoji848]

I never have figured that one out. I never bump a barrel until I’m trying to ease it out of the window. Seems like the door wouldn’t be big enough to get out quietly.

Comment

archery tags are getting harder to get.I am thinking about taking up muzzle-loader so most of the hunting will be on foot. One place I hunt requires blaze orange but I swear game can see black better than blaze. I am trying to decide between black, blued or stainless. There are more stainless options.

Comment

I was never a fan. Course, I spray paint all my stocks.

Comment

There are a couple of Ruger Single Actions that I’ll never own because they are only made in stainless.

Comment

Can't say that I have. I used a stainless Ruger for a lot of years and killed many coyotes and things of that sort with it. Never got busted because of the stainless barrel. But then again if I did I didn't get the chance to ask the critter what it saw and got scared from if I did.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        I don't worry about stainless barrels but I do have to be careful about the glint of sunlight off the bottom of a beer can
                        So that's my problem!

Comment

never been an issue for me. if they are looking at me I don't move. use the same techniques as when you are bowhunting and they wont see a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            The popping of the top has run off more than one critter from my view. the slower I try to ease it open the loader it seems to be.

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                            archery tags are getting harder to get.I am thinking about taking up muzzle-loader so most of the hunting will be on foot. One place I hunt requires blaze orange but I swear game can see black better than blaze. I am trying to decide between black, blued or stainless. There are more stainless options.
                            My stainless muzzle loader is actually a nickel finish and poses no threat to reflect light.

Being that it is a tool, I would have no problem painting a bright gun barrel flat black or some camo combination.

Comment

Stainless it fine for me.

If you use a can use a koozie.

If you can’t open it quiet use a bottle.

If you don’t like that then use a keg

If that doesn’t work then drink whiskey

Can’t help if you have to pee a lot. That’s my issue. The bottles never seem to hold enough pee. I had a disaster once. Got western fast. Poor blind. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X