Deer not using protein feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer not using protein feeder

I put out a protein feeder up before last season and filled it with Double Down. I didn't have a single picture of anything hitting it (including racoons). I dumped it out last weekend and put in West Feed 20% protein to see if that would be more attractive.
    Has anyone ever put out protein feeder and not ever have anything touch it? The height of the feeder is okay and it sits right next to the corn feeder.

Took a year at my place. Once they hit it though they don’t stop until late season.

Comment

Have not touched mine, been out since July.

God Bless
      Bish

Comment

You should start with 2 bags of corn to 1 bag of protein and slowly wean them on to straight protein......

Comment

Same thing happened to me last year. I dumped it out this year and put in a corn and soybean mix, and they've been using it heavily.

Comment

We put up a protein feeder and started feeding antler max and in two days it was covered up in deer and they love it

Comment

Took over a place down south that had never been fed. Took them 3 months before they'd eat it... almost wish I had the same problem now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                You should start with 2 bags of corn to 1 bag of protein and slowly wean them on to straight protein......
                What I had to do. Now they will eat whatever I put in it

Comment

Same problem late summer... too much natural protein in our area.

Comment

They don’t eat it well here at home either. May be the kind of protein, but I don’t much care on this 80 acres, it’s just up to comply with the tax exemption. I have fatassed coons though.

Comment

Not possible with double down[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]
                      I’m kidding of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, enjoy the feed bill

Comment

Mine continue to hammer the protein. Put out another two tons this week.

Comment

I dumped a pile of protein by one of my feeders. The deer ate all the corn except what what landed on the protein pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              Yep, enjoy the feed bill
                              There is the silver lining if they end up not taking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X