Would constitutional carry help limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    What are you talking about OP, those people died from Covid.
    Lol, that does seem to be the norm the last year

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      The death toll at these shooting events?
      https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-...apolis-reports
      Not if the company won't let you carry on the job

Comment

we are allowed to have in the car, but not carry inside the building....
        the guard's say that they no were to run to in case of an emergency

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          I luckily don't have this issue, but if i did there are many deep concealment options that I would use

Comment

I'm not a big fan of CC. I would like to hear from some cops on the street but, it seems to me it would take away a tool cops have to deal with gangs. It seems logical that they are not licensed to carry so, if a cop does a search and they can't provide a CC license, the cop can arrest right then. If everyone can carry, that means gang bangers can too. Of course you can run a check on the person on the spot but then the police are subject to charges of profiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Good point, my boss won’t let me

Comment

If this ever passes carry while you can because there are a whole bunch of irresponsible idiots in this state just waiting to screw this up... It won't last long... I'll put money on that..

Not everyone should be allowed to have kids, own a dog, or carry a gun..(That's the short list)...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  If this ever passes carry while you can because there are a whole bunch of irresponsible idiots in this state just waiting to screw this up... It won't last long... I'll put money on that..

Not everyone should be allowed to have kids, own a dog, or carry a gun..(That's the short list)...
                  If it passes, it will never be an issue. The idiots already carry with a permit. Nothing will change except you might notice a few more people carrying. I don’t believe it would ever be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                    If it passes, it will never be an issue. The idiots already carry with a permit. Nothing will change except you might notice a few more people carrying. I don’t believe it would ever be an issue.
                    I hope you are correct.. But you are in Llano.. I'm 45 miles south of Houston.. There is a totally different element to deal with down here.. My faith that this is a success is not as strong.

Comment

I hear ya, but there’s the same type of people everywhere. The idiots will weed themselves out. It wouldn’t be a big deal. Beside, they are probably carrying already.

Comment

A good guy with a gun will stop a bad gun with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                          I'm not a big fan of CC. I would like to hear from some cops on the street but, it seems to me it would take away a tool cops have to deal with gangs. It seems logical that they are not licensed to carry so, if a cop does a search and they can't provide a CC license, the cop can arrest right then. If everyone can carry, that means gang bangers can too. Of course you can run a check on the person on the spot but then the police are subject to charges of profiling.
                          If gang banger are underage or felons they can't carry anyway, and they are probably carrying anyway.

Comment

Just saw where Texas house just passed a bill for carry without a license. Hopefully it makes it all the way.

Local police chiefs spoke out against the bill, saying it would allow citizens to carry guns without proper training.
                            Last edited by captainsling; 04-16-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Seems like the “ suspect was known to police and the fbi” always pops up

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                The death toll at these shooting events?
                                https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-...apolis-reports
                                I doubt that it will have any impact.

Even though an LTC is currently required, the state has backed off on penalties and the cost of obtaining it so it is very easy and inexpensive. Due to that I think that most people who wish to carry, already do. There are plenty of people in this form who said they don’t have an LTC and carry anyway.

There may be a few people who would carry under Constitutional carry who did not otherwise carry now but it will be so few that it will matter. Those people also are not likely to intervene unless a threat is coming directly at them in my opinion.

Even with the people who have an LTC, I would bet that a majority of them do not carry routinely anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X