Will Shaka survive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    If it's Beard, I would reccomend you tread EXTREMELY lightly around Stanford Manor for a few weeks...
    LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      I got a text a couple of nights ago from a buddy that has some inside connections and he told me Beard was a done deal to Texas (I still do not believe this is the case though), so I texted him back and asked if I should wake up Karla and let her know.
      It may very well end up being a Friday news dump if it's Beard. Saved 7.1 million with Shaka moving on and the final four is on Saturday.
      Last edited by Chad C; 03-29-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
        That is absolutely the case for me. Living in Austin is no different than living in California. One of the most liberal ran cities in the country. No thanks!
        It's alot different. It's still Texas. We have guns and ammo and LTC and ranges. Tons of hunting all around. The best BBQ in the world. Trees. Clear lakes and rivers.

Wimberley > Slaton and it's not close at all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          It's alot different. It's still Texas. We have guns and ammo and LTC and ranges. Tons of hunting all around. The best BBQ in the world. Trees. Clear lakes and rivers.

Basketball coaches care zero about any of that crap, especially coaches who already live in Lubbock.

What you don't seem to comprehend is these guys can afford to make their (their wives) lifestyles as plush and comfortable around them as they want, regardless of where they are. They don't give a **** about any of that stuff. He can be on a ranch in La Salle county just as fast from Lubbock as he can from Austin. And he doesn't care about your river....he's a coach! If he likes Franklin's that much, he can have it flown in weekly....he's not standing in line anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Basketball coaches care zero about any of that crap, especially coaches who already live in Lubbock.

What you don't seem to comprehend is these guys can afford to make their (their wives) lifestyles as plush and comfortable around them as they want, regardless of where they are. They don't give a **** about any of that stuff. He can be on a ranch in La Salle county just as fast from Lubbock as he can from Austin. And he doesn't care about your river....he's a coach! If he likes Franklin's that much, he can have it flown in weekly....he's not standing in line anyway.
            I was just referring to the claims of Lubbock being superior to Austin. You missed the point.

I also disagree with you that lifestyle and nicer areas have any importance. It certainly does in recruiting.

I've never been to Franklin BBQ. There isn't an apostrophe s though. I'm not standing in line either. Many other quality options in Wimberley and San Marcos.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 03-29-2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

How did I know this guy would come out of the woods and make a comment when somebody speaks negativity about Austin or UT.....typical response from you

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
                How did I know this guy would come out of the woods and make a comment when somebody speaks negativity about Austin or UT.....typical response from you
                I wasn't the only one. Lol.

It was hardly my first comment on the thread.

Didn't you basically do the same thing you accused me of? Yeah, ya kinda did.

Comment

I was just referring to the claims of Lubbock being superior to Austin. You missed the point.

I also disagree with you that lifestyle and nicer areas have any importance. It certainly does in recruiting.

I've never been to Franklin BBQ. There isn't an apostrophe s though. I'm not standing in line either. Many other quality options in Wimberley and San Marcos.

unfortunately since about 2007 or so the "difference" that Austin makes for recruiting in both football and basketball for Texas is it attracts a lot of really mentally and physically soft and entitled "playas" that are not willing to put in the work to win the meaningful hardware

they are more interested in the swag they get for being a UT Athlete and the fancy locker rooms, the academic "help", the media hype, and just putting on the Texas uniform and expecting that gives you an extra 10 or so points per game

it is well documented that Texas was known in the NFL in the later years of Mack Brown especially to produce extremely soft players that struggled to having to do work in the NFL and actually compete for a position much less a job

they were known to be physically soft and even more to be extremely mentally soft

the same can be said for a lot of their basketball players as well and in the case of basketball Rick Barnes specifically struggled to get players to stay an extra year even if everyone thought it would benefit that player in terms of draft position and moving into the NBA......there were 2 or 3 times in the later years that if Barnes could have kept even a single player for an additional year Texas would have been a massively better team because of other talent they were going to add for the next season.....but Barnes could never get them to stay

the same has held with Shaka and the same thing started to happen with football under Mesa Herman.......with football players were soft, they knew they were soft, they knew they did not want to put in the work to get better and worst of all they knew they were surrounded by other softness so instead of staying another year and improving draft position they knew the reality was they would just be stating another year and solidifying their place as a player that was more of a reach in the draft

so they left because "reach" status as a player with fewer college years works out better than "now proven reach" with an additional year

with the transfer portal you really have to have the right coach to come on and whip players into shape and few places can pull that off right now it is basically Alabama, Clemson, tOSU and that is really about it.....Georgia and LSU can get by because they are pulling on so much talent, but even their coaches have a hard time cracking the whip and telling players "work harder, earn your position, take a seat, or oh you wanna leave BYE we have 2 guys behind you waiting to take that spot"

most everywhere else has one guy they hope can improve to push the softer guy in front of them, but they have to tread lightly until that is proven and once they make a change hello transfer portal for the demoted guy

until Texas gets a strong culture of winning in basketball and football it will be hard to weed that softness out, but of course you have to also weed the softness out to get that winning going......it is a chicken and egg situation that needs a proper coach to get it done

it does not help that in football especially Texas high school football is now about as soft as can be with little effort given to defense or development of lineman on either side of the ball.....but there if you are a Texas college coach you still have to massage the ego of meat head Texas high school coaches that will get angry if you recruit nationally or make it obvious you are recruiting nationally

with basketball it is easier for a player to go somewhere else that wins more with better coaching and take advantage of that coaching and being around better players and then leaving after a year or two......no need to come to Texas and work so hard and carry the team.....unless you want to just "do the Austin thing" and screw off some positions in the draft or even drop a round or two in the draft and still leave early instead of staying another year and "improving" (or really proving that you are soft and lazy)

Comment

This thread is hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Enjoying the read. Keep it up gentlemen!!

Comment

That and they don't have million dollar homes on a hill overlooking clear water lakes.

What point were you trying to make here?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          What point were you trying to make here?
                          Why are you on a Texas basketball thread?

Replying even after Smart ***** slapped you. Come to think of it you didn't reply to that comment. Lol.

[emoji23][emoji38][emoji23]

Comment

Why are you on a Texas basketball thread?

Replying even after Smart ***** slapped you. Come to think of it you didn't reply to that comment. Lol.

[emoji23][emoji38][emoji23]

Riiight!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              LOL, Beard ain’t going anywhere. The UT bball program has five star players and a 2 star culture. Beard would not tolerate that.

Tech has better facilities than IU or UT. Heck, UT is building a smaller arena...why is that?

UT is still paying their last 2 head football coaches...no way they money whip Beard. Besides, Tech will match any offers.
                              Quoting this evergreen post for Friday.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X