No announcement yet.

headlight lense restore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried it all . Nothing works for more then a few weeks . Ended up buying new lights .

Comment

Again, If you get the correct kit, one with sanding disks and apply the protective coating when finished, it works great and will cost about $20.

Comment

headlight lense restore?

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Again, If you get the correct kit, one with sanding disks and apply the protective coating when finished, it works great and will cost about $20.

This was a failure for me as well. I tried pretty much all of them.

By the time I tried all the commercial kits plus all the home brew solutions I came out cheaper replacing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did the 3M kit on Amazon for my wife's car and it worked for the most part. They didn't look brand new, but it was a huge improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickLT1 View Post
            Did the 3M kit on Amazon for my wife's car and it worked for the most part. They didn't look brand new, but it was a huge improvement.
            Agreed, if there is yellowing on the inside there is nothing you can do for that except replace the light.

Comment

My son just did his motorcycle lens with Mothers Nolensville and they look like new. Well see how long it lasts.6

Comment

Originally posted by LarryP_1989 View Post
                Mother’s Mag & Aluminum Polish. If you have a buffer or a drill attachment it makes it way easier. Works wonders.
                I have some of this. May try it before I buy.
                Looked online and can get 'em for about $40 ea. Will try the Mothers just 'cause I have some and want to experiment. But we drive the car. This is our 3rd car, a back-up/drive around town car so we will be keepin it. Don't wanna keep polishin every few months. Would figure I would have to replace 'em sooner or later anyway.
                Last edited by locolobo; 03-30-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X