No announcement yet.

Sound off “Original” TBH Gangstas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'm one of the gangstas. Maybe 98'. Took 15 minutes to get on with dialup. Remember the first get together with HCB and TBH and Casey's girl getting in the mud puddles at Granger.

Comment

I think around 99 for me. I remember clicking on, then go do something while the speed of dialup loaded the page, then come back and read it.

My brother told me about the page and he wasn't even a member. I had very little computer experience but I knew how to read and apply things I learned.

I get on several times a day but say little. Have had some awesome hunts and trades with members on hear. Even had wife and friends handle some transactions for me and never concerned about their safety or getting ripped off. I I am looking for something now days, wife always says "go on bowhunters sight and see if"... That's legacy!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't remember exactly what year but it was basically just a news letter then later became a message board type site. Maybe Michael can chime in.

Comment

Good thread. I can’t remember when it was but guessing around 2002-2003 maybe ......

Comment

I have been pizzing people off since 2004 or 2005, I think.

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            '01 for me. Back before Wildman got his Happy Pills, Doggiebonz was in his prime and still on dial up.
            Originally posted by Bill View Post
            “before Wildman got his Happy Pills

You’re killing me. D was the first guy on TBH I ever met. At a Mexican restaurant in Austin he was giving me **** about Cali, and I pointed out the rainbow banner across the street in front. Then he convinced the waitress I was a Congressman from Cali visiting Texas to see about building a large factory outside town with lots of jobs.

Fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            We need to hear about these "happy pills"! I don't know that story.

I have never actually met Danny, but through the wonder of social media, I know for a fact that he has a screw loose!

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            I joined October 03. Met a ton of good people and unfortunately I’ve been to a few funerals as well.

Recipient of multiple VE’s and several BZ’z from Rob!! And I remember well the post king dual between Rob and Steven.

I’m seriously thinking of bringing back the “Axis of Evil” hunt this year. It’s time for #9!!

What is the BZ?

Comment

'03

Comment

I want to say late 90’s?
                It was back when 20 post for the entire site was a good day!
                I made it to the first Bownanza in Georgetown before there was a Bownanza. I bought one of the original Double Bull ground blinds from Michael which in fact I still actually have.
                Back when the TBH village helped raise Ben Stoval from a young boy to a grown man then he married.
                Have seen many TBH legends pass onto the Great Hagerman hunting lands in heaven.

I have mentioned it a number of times but would love to see a wall of our lost members that have passed on even if it is just a photo of each with their user name with comments turned off.!!!
                Can this be done Moderators?

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  I have been pizzing people off since 2004 or 2005, I think.

We need to hear about these "happy pills"! I don't know that story.

I have never actually met Danny, but through the wonder of social media, I know for a fact that he has a screw loose!

What is the BZ?
                  BZ = bravo Zulu

Comment

When the green screen was white. 2000, senior yr of high school.

Comment

I worked with guy that told me about this website. I've been on here every since. That was 2004 or so, but no later that 2005. Lots of good stuff here, and I've learned a lot and enjoyed all the stories. I've also spent a lot of money on the Deal Alert threads hah. Good times for sure

Comment

Prior to Oct 2006 but not sure when. Stolle got me on to the site and I haven’t been able to put it down since. I don’t do the book of faces so my wife calls this hunters Facebook. Ha!

Comment

Mid to late 90's here, definitely when 30 of us were on it would crash the site.

Comment

I’m a 99’er also

Comment

What year was TBH launched?

Comment

1999 for me. Whenever Bownanza rolled around it was a free for all on posting around here. The mods were away and it was pre-smart phone so we would get a little silly.

Breck was the man when it came to home made trail cameras. He even had workshops with members on how to make them. I bought a nice tripod from him back around 2002. Great guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X