Birds in the Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birds in the Shop

So,I started a new job as Director of Maintenance for the Hill Country Transit District (The Hop).The shop in Belton has a terrible bird problem.The Mechanics have tried chasing them out at night ,but they always come back.Naturally,they make a mess on everything. I've called several pest control places and they all say they can't do anything with birds.Anybody got any tried and true method of keeping birds out of a metal building?

DJ

Teenagers with BB guns?

Comment

Cats

Comment

Bird nets work well in open warehouses. It keeps the birds from getting to the rafters or trusses. If they can’t land or perch on something they won’t stay.

Comment

Glue traps on the rafters

Comment

Snakes

Comment

i assume you have pigeons, get yourself a good pellet rifle, and if you don't have time for it get a couple of kids with pellet rifles and give them a dollar per bird... problem solved.

Comment

Hawk and owl decoys.
                Rubber snakes.
                Move them each day.

Comment

Originally posted by medicineman View Post
                  Hawk and owl decoys.
                  Rubber snakes.
                  Move them each day.
                  YEP....

Pellet guns are great if you are outside or don't have to worry about the backstop! Most pellet guns will shoot right through sheet metal.

Comment

I'll send you a pm

Comment

Call Wildlife Removal Experts 832-745-2540. They do solid work.

That is exactly what they do. Everything from birds and bats to foxes and coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Bird nets work well in open warehouses. It keeps the birds from getting to the rafters or trusses. If they can’t land or perch on something they won’t stay.
                        This

Comment

Get rid of your roll up doors!! They are bird magnets. Birds land on top of the doors, a hop or two and they’re inside.

Comment

You can run em off with some blackcats and put up some netting.

Comment

Believe there are noise machines you can set to make a loud bang like a gunshot at regular intervals.

Comment

Working...
                              X