• Show
Clear All

Transmission dead

630 am truck stops shifting
    Any reputable shops in tomball y’all know about 2004 avalanche 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked the fluid?

Comment

Should be a 4L60, usually $2500 to rebuild.

Comment

Was it a sudden failure or notice any symptoms leading up to it? A friend (with 4L60E transmission) had a sudden failure and it ended up being a pretty simple fix in the parking lot. A plastic clip/retainer for the shift cable broke. Replaced it, put shift cable back on, and done.

This should give you an idea what to look for...
        https://www.fitzall.com/cmsAdmin/upl...-hozv2_001.pdf

Comment

Look at a GM rebuilt trans. They give a good warranty that’s can be used at any dealership in the US. You can pay a transmission shop to R&R it . I’ve had bad experiences letting small shops rebuild an automatic transmission. If their work fails you have to return it back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
            Was it a sudden failure or notice any symptoms leading up to it? A friend (with 4L60E transmission) had a sudden failure and it ended up being a pretty simple fix in the parking lot. A plastic clip/retainer for the shift cable broke. Replaced it, put shift cable back on, and done.

This should give you an idea what to look for...
            https://www.fitzall.com/cmsAdmin/upl...-hozv2_001.pdf
            Had this happen a few times to my 2014 chevy Silverado I used to have. I'd be driving through the pasture and it'd get caught on some brush and get pulled out. Easy fix

Comment

These guys do nothing but transmissions and are the best in the business. Ask for Glenn.
              13706 Hempstead Rd.
              713-895-7019

This shop repairs/rebuilds all kinds of transmissions.
              They build souped up racing transmissions, so they know how to make 'em work.

Comment

Triple DDD in Magnolia. Chris is a great dude.

Comment

I assume you crawled under it and ensured there is no issue with the linkage. I would not rebuild a 4L60. Put a 4L80 in it and be done. Cheap and easy to do

Comment

Working...
                  X