It's coming together...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's coming together...

I started shooting a compound bow about 25 years ago and in my hay day, I considered myself to be a decent shot. I had to lay off the serious bow hunting for a few years so I could get my kids started hunting. Well they all have a few deer under their belts and they are all big enough to pull a bow back so dad gets to start teaching bow hunting and gets to do a little more hunting for himself!!!

I wanted to simplify things (ha ha) and decided to pick up a recurve. Turns out the traditional idea is pretty simple but there's nothing simple about it!!! Y'all know this so I don't need to elaborate. It's impossible to not learn something everyday if you try. Simple my *****!

Anyway, I bought a used Bob Lee exactly 5 months ago and I've been working hard. It may seem like I'm bragging but I'm really not, just really proud and wanted to share. It may not be the best 20 yard group in the world but it's good enough for me. This is my second Trad Robin Hood at 20 yards and wanted to take a pic and share. Robin Hoods aren't as cool to me as they used to be, especially after solving the "rocket science" like equation of building the right arrow. Thanks to all of y'all that have helped me along the way....I'm not done asking questions yet!!!

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thx for sharing, and great job Mike. Every trad shot knows what persistence and determination it takes....

Comment

Congratulations on your Robin Hood and on your "simple " trad journey. The bow is simple but the challenge is not , that is what I like about it . I have never shot a Robin Hood but I have busted my nocks , sometimes other people's nocks accidentally. If you make a kill with it will feel like the first time all over. Try to make some TBOT 3 d shoots it helps also. Good luck be patient have fun !

Comment

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

They may not all be touching, but they're ALL touching the heart !

Comment

Great shooting!!

Comment

Good shootin!

Comment

Now that you have a couple under your belt, there is no excuse to ruin any more arrows. Just aim to slide them in where they are touching . Myself, Robin Hoods are pure bad luck as I can't see well enough not to ruin arrows.

Comment

Good shootin' - there's no feeling like it!

Comment

If you can consistently shoot that well at 20yds, you are there my friend!!!! That is really good shooting. Like said above, if you think you are hooked now, just wait till you run an arrow thru a critter!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats on the Robin Hood. Nice group, as well!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is some good shooting Mike. You have every reason to be proud. Sorry about the Robin Hood though. Those can get really expensive and it always seems to happen to your best arrows.

Comment

Pretty good shooting, congrats! I'd say you're ready to stick a critter!

LD

Comment

Working...
                              X