Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are state highway medians public land and able to be legally hunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owned by the State of Tx but not “public” land. That would be like just walking in any WMA or goto any state land and hunting. State owns a lot of land that is limited access

Comment

wow just wow lol

Comment

I can't believe this question is posted.

Comment

Just have a friend of a friend’s friend make a call to divert authorities when needed.

I really thought about publishing a PDF pamphlet on the subject.

Remember, LEO’s can’t even outsmart a school shooter.

Comment

As long as its strictly axis hand corn the place, and go in at night, should be a lot less traffic and a lot cooler this time of year.

Comment

I think you would have better luck at your local golf course especially if you live in Lampasas or are stationed at Ft Hood.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Owned by the State of Tx but not “public” land. That would be like just walking in any WMA or goto any state land and hunting. State owns a lot of land that is limited access
                I know some folks that hunt some awesome “ public “ land for nilgai and ducks, sometimes it’s got some nice deer hunting

My stepdad was a engineer for Missouri pacific RR and it’s got some layby lands that has pretty good bird hunting , on the tracks isn’t bad hunting ether , when I was a kid every lock used the same key nation wide on rail companies land and easements ( some abandoned or rarely used)
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-24-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I Looked at OnX and just with in a few miles of my house there are a dozen or so properties shown as state of Texas. One is 50 ac dang near across the street. Sure wish we were like some states and these properties were legal to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                    I think you would have better luck at your local golf course especially if you live in Lampasas or are stationed at Ft Hood.
                    New construction and empty homes for sale on golf courses are great places to hunt! Just hand corn , open up some windows and shoot through the screens, bows , 22 hornet & 22 magnum are preferred

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                      There is always a “Karen” at city parks. If you can find a quickie mart or Loves that butts up to public land to park at even better.
                      Walmart parking lots are great locations to skin your harvest

Comment

Pretty sure it's a tpwd drawn hunt. Send me your $3.00 and I'll let you know if you hit the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Yes, owned by and lawful access are completely different issues.

City Hall is owned by the people of that city. So the mayor’s office is public property, the mayor does not on it. Try breaking in the mayor’s office at 2 AM and when the police show up say, I’m a taxpayer so this is mine.

Uhhhh……. no.

Comment

I hear you can get free Star-Link service in the median. But a chicken plucker is needed for cleaning all critters. I also heard the Supreme Court makes it's decisions from a pop-up blind there. That's good enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              Yes, owned by and lawful access are completely different issues.

City Hall is owned by the people of that city. So the mayor’s office is public property, the mayor does not on it. Try breaking in the mayor’s office at 2 AM and when the police show up say, I’m a taxpayer so this is mine.

Uhhhh……. no.
                              I hunt Highway medians consistently and even some close to donut shops, LEO ain’t all that !

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                I hear you can get free Star-Link service in the median. But a chicken plucker is needed for cleaning all critters. I also heard the Supreme Court makes it's decisions from a pop-up blind there. That's good enough for me!
                                As long as you turn the starlink on for the first time at the subscribed location, it will usually work when you hit change location.

Comment

Working...
                                X