No announcement yet.

Asheville, NC - Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit Buxton Hall for BBQ. My brother in law lives there. Definitely bears in the area.

Comment

Food: Buxton Hall, French Broad Chocolate (if the line isn’t crazy), Tupelo Honey, Wicked Weed, Rocky’s Hot Chicken

Sites: Biltmore, DuPont State Park waterfalls, Clingmans Dome, Blue Ridge Parkway

Fly fishing is still good in October: https://browntroutflyfishing.com/

Comment

Flying into Asheville is fine and a non stop from DFW on American. Venturing away from Asheville, you could go to Cherokee or maybe consider going over to Gatlinburg for a day. If you spend the night in Gatlinburg, you could hit Cherokee, drive through the park and land in Gatlinburg. We’ve seen deer, turkeys and elk every time we’ve gone through the park.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
          I second (third?) Biltmore. It is a nice place. Asheville is definitely the Austin of NC, but still a nice place to visit. If you are interested in a day trip, check out Chimney rock. Small mountain town about 1 hour away. State park, waterfalls, quaint shops, hike up to the rock, Lake Lure (where Dirty Dancing was filmed), etc. Never flown into Asheville, but Greenville is a nice small airport. Charlotte is fine also, but a little further away. If you want to hunt I live about 2.5 hours away and I can hook you up with deer.

Very kind gesture! Now I just have to convince them to go to Asheville.

Thanks again to everyone for the recommendations.

Comment

Lots of hiking in the area, check out AllTrails app

Comment

Like everybody else says, see the Biltmore. And if you dig Americana and bluegrass music, just roll down your car window, you will hear some of the best around anywhere. Have a great time.

Comment

Working...
              X