Kansas Deer Permit Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post

Who here has hunted the public land areas in Kansas during archery season? What were the crowds like?
    I live in Kansas, and the public land sucks. You can sit in a spot all day and have some jackleg walk up on you an hour before sundown. Forget scouting. Find a spot that you think you have all to yourself and find out the next morning that you are sharing it with half a dozen other people. The worst is finding a spot where there are no trucks in the parking lot, only to find that a couple of people had their buddy drop them off before daylight and ruin your hunt. No way I would drive to Kansas to hunt public land.

Comment

How is the hunting in unit 14 around Harveyville?

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
        New stuff this year but I believe you pay it all upfront and get the tag fee back if you don't draw but not the hunting license. So you can always go up to shoot a quail/squirrel/rabbits and spend more money in their state buying food, fuel and hotel, etc.

I'm waiting on results. Paid $4,000 last year for my lease and didn't get drawn. Own a house there and paid property taxes, utilities, cleaning, maintenance, lawn care, etc.
        You need to look into that. My understanding is, if you own property and your name is on the tax rolls as owner, you can buy a tag over the counter. I have a buddy who is in same situation and he buys his tags over the counter.
        He has him and his 2 daughters listed as owners so they all 3 get over the counter license

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
          You need to look into that. My understanding is, if you own property and your name is on the tax rolls as owner, you can buy a tag over the counter. I have a buddy who is in same situation and he buys his tags over the counter.
          He has him and his 2 daughters listed as owners so they all 3 get over the counter license

Pretty sure you have to own 80 acres or more to get landowner tag. Even then, I think you can only hunt your land if you go that route.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a place in Salina that I can stay, I was originally looking at the Wilson State Park wildlife area. Does anyone have any info on hunting pressure during archery season?
            Last time I was hunting just outside of Garfield on private property, I would go back there but they have figured out they can lease it out for big money for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
              I have a place in Salina that I can stay, I was originally looking at the Wilson State Park wildlife area. Does anyone have any info on hunting pressure during archery season?
              I've been by there numerous times but have never hunted it. KsOutdoors website says heavy hunting pressure during season openers and hunting opportunities are fair.

They should probably add that pressure is heavy during the last week of Oct through Thanksgiving! That is when I see most of the folks up there in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                I've been by there numerous times but have never hunted it. KsOutdoors website says heavy hunting pressure during season openers and hunting opportunities are fair.

They should probably add that pressure is heavy during the last week of Oct through Thanksgiving! That is when I see most of the folks up there in that area.
                Thanks for the info.

Pisser is my In-laws have property they have permission to hunt on but they won't let me hunt it. Then they call asking my to set them up and take them hog hunting down here. Chaps my backside, told them they get what they give.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                  I live in Kansas, and the public land sucks. You can sit in a spot all day and have some jackleg walk up on you an hour before sundown. Forget scouting. Find a spot that you think you have all to yourself and find out the next morning that you are sharing it with half a dozen other people. The worst is finding a spot where there are no trucks in the parking lot, only to find that a couple of people had their buddy drop them off before daylight and ruin your hunt. No way I would drive to Kansas to hunt public land.
                  I guess some parts are worst than others. I’ve been going up there for the pheasant opener and hunt WIHA’s. Some are in great deer country and so far, haven’t run up on any bow hunters. A lot of the places we chase birds have a real nice shelter belt on it or a small block of trees. Also hunted a big WMA that we didn’t encounter any other hunters. Can’t say it would be like that during gun season, but usually the pheasant season opener is also about rut time!!

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                    Pretty sure you have to own 80 acres or more to get landowner tag. Even then, I think you can only hunt your land if you go that route.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                    this is correct, as of the last several years anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post

Definition of a landowner in Ks is 80 acres or more. He could establish residency in kansas if he lives in the house for X number of months out of the year.

Landowner tags are for 80 acres or more and your name must be on the deer and you can only hunt the land that your name is on the deed.

Comment

Working...
                      X