Soul Saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Saving

Been feeling crapped out/depressed for a while.

Brought my bag target in the house today, and have been shooting on & off throughout the day.

Danged if I don't feel better. Much better !

Archery is good for the soul ! <3

Rick

Just been shooting bare shafts, and listening to my wife harp at me for shooting in the house.

Very good for working on concentration.

Rick

Comment

[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]
      You're absolutely correct. Many days after coming home from work I would escape to the backyard for 30 to 45 minutes of focus on something that truly soothed my soul.
      Archery is an escape, an immersion and a affirmation of who I am.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My arrows whiz by the TV so fast, that the wife & mil don't even see them. Since they are bare shaft, they don't hear them either.

Rick

Comment

My wife hates when it's wet out and I shoot through the house into the target on the patio.
          She'd get real tense if the arrows were flying into the house.[emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            Been feeling crapped out/depressed for a while.

Brought my bag target in the house today, and have been shooting on & off throughout the day.

Danged if I don't feel better. Much better !

Archery is good for the soul ! <3

Rick
            X2, pretty near 100% guarantee to lower blood pressure by at least 10 points.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]
              You're absolutely correct. Many days after coming home from work I would escape to the backyard for 30 to 45 minutes of focus on something that truly soothed my soul.
              Archery is an escape, an immersion and a affirmation of who I am.

You two are definitely my kinda people.

And Rick, I dang near choked over my coffee cup at your ‘arrows whizzing past the tv’ bit... that’s on par with me putting the target on top of the piano, and shooting thru the dining room and great room.

Comment

This may sound weird, but my archery has always been almost like a spiritual experience for me.

If my arrows fly straight, and true, they hit their mark. Same as with most other things in life.

Rick

Comment

Shoot my wife would strangle me if I shot in the house .
                  Cheers to at home indoor archery. ��

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                    You two are definitely my kinda people.

And Rick, I dang near choked over my coffee cup at your ‘arrows whizzing past the tv’ bit... that’s on par with me putting the target on top of the piano, and shooting thru the dining room and great room.
                    I'm not OK with this simply because a catastrophic miss would puncture a musical instrument. (My other love)

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
                      I'm not OK with this simply because a catastrophic miss would puncture a musical instrument. (My other love)
                      LOL! Don't worry, with the light weight of my arrows and my shrimpy draw, it would probably do little more than make a small dent. All jokes aside, I only did this once, and then we figured out a better option.

I'm a music lover, too. Have been playing the piano since I was four.

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
                        Will teach you to hunt in your true accuracy range!

Comment

It ain’t just traditional that is good for the soul, it’s all archery. I’d be lying if I haven’t brought a few targets in the house to shoot at as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X