Skiff remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiff remodel

Hesitated to post but considering what we started with I don't think we could screw up any worse than previous guy. Reached out to Michael (brazoshunter) for some tips and we got after it

**no way its gonna be as nice as the skipjack!

My son found this gheenoe skiff in Florida while going to school over there and managed to bribe a little money and take some leftover savings to buy it. He fished it most of the year and drug it home for the summer.

He had already said he wanted to paint it so I figured what the H. Famous last words...

Failed to take a real before pic but this is pretty much it. You can see the 3 dimensional paint from previous up-do and what the powers of the stripping gel did (well worth the money)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Poor trailer fit causes some fiberglass issues on the way home so now we're doing some glass work.

Shipping issues have been a HUGE pia despite ordering stuff from the same place

We got the paint 1st, then fairing compound and still waiting on primer. Cooled off some today so we mixed some compound to fill previous crappier work

Will sand some and may touch up a few places then prep for primer which should be here tween 21 and 25[emoji849]

Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-22-2022, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Those are really cool boats. My friend has a 16' I think with the center console. They fish really well for they're size, and have better than I expected stability. I'll follow this for sure.

Comment

Cool boat and project! I'll be watching!

Comment

Is he taking back to Fl? Cool skiff! I like it.

Comment

Cool boat and good luck with the project! Been looking for one of these for a while now without any luck

Comment

Very kewl boat and I'll definitely be following along!!! Before I started my build the Gheenoe 25 was high on the wish list. I still consider parting with Skipjack to get one.

I can't wait to see her on the water!!!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                Is he taking back to Fl? Cool skiff! I like it.
                Yea, he goes back first week of August
                Originally posted by St59 View Post
                Cool boat and good luck with the project! Been looking for one of these for a while now without any luck
                There all over the place in Florida naturally.

Customgheenoe.com usually has some for sale.

I want to fish it before he goes back. Even with a 9.9 he said it runs mid 20s with an aluminum prop

Comment

Looks like this will be a fun project!

Comment

Great start QB!

Comment

Following. I kind of want one of these. Way better than a kayak

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Did a little more fairing work today after some light sanding. I feel like it's enough but probably ain't.

Would be nice to get the freakin primer while the humid is down

Amen about the kayak part. Two people can carry the hull easily and the motor is more awkward than heavy

Comment

Following

Comment

Those are quick lil boats with a little motor on back.

Comment

Working...
                              X