X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all culls, kill em all! Kill kill kill

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I see we have a Cotulla cowboy hung up on semantics in our midst....

One can 100% cull/kill less desirable deer out of the herd to remove mouths to allow their better traited deer better nutrition resources. All without any regards concerning improving overall genetics and with full regard for trying to grow the deer alive in front of you bigger. This is not that hard. Age and nutrition availability are things you can control with culling....genetics are not..

Is culling, killing?.....well of course it is. Selection and rejection for a purpose ...aka culling. If one is a Cotulla Cowboy or a DillyBar and they can't get past this, call it what you or your armchair biologist manual says....just don't get your panties in a wad when folks use the word in its true definition.
      Bean cooker you take life too seriously... step away from that table a bit

Culling vs. Population Control are two completely different subjects. You can cull a couple of deer on a high fence ranch you don't like ( has nothing to do with population)... or you can go kill 20 does to help with population control ( has nothing to do with culling) .

If you're LF, unless you have thousands upon thousands of acres you're killing. I can back it up with study after study.... what are you backing it up with? Beans in chili?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Culling vs. Population Control are two completely different subjects. You can cull a couple of deer on a high fence ranch you don't like ( has nothing to do with population)... or you can go kill 20 does to help with population control ( has nothing to do with culling) .

If you're LF, unless you have thousands upon thousands of acres you're killing. I can back it up with study after study.... what are you backing it up with? Beans in chili?
        If it doesn’t work then why not let those 4+ year old 6/7/8 points live until they die of old age?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          If it doesn’t work then why not let those 4+ year old 6/7/8 points live until they die of old age?
          Sometimes I do. How do you like this 5 year old 4 point?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Sometimes I do. How do you like this 5 year old 4 point?

What about the times you don’t? What do you consider that?

Comment

Population control will also include bucks. If your taking 10 bucks with those 20 does and pay no mind to the age or quality of the buck it killing. If you do pay attention to the age and quality to determine which bucks to take you’re back to culling. It’s the same goal with a different name. I’d bet you do it LF in Mexico just like we do. Killing, culling, management they’re all just deer getting shot because they aren’t worth keeping on the feed bill

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Population control will also include bucks. If your taking 10 bucks with those 20 does and pay no mind to the age or quality of the buck it killing. If you do pay attention to the age and quality to determine which bucks to take you’re back to culling. It’s the same goal with a different name. I’d bet you do it LF in Mexico just like we do. Killing, culling, management they’re all just deer getting shot because they aren’t worth keeping on the feed bill
                Bingo. The end.

Comment

Agree, that was just an example, the killing does for population control.

Comment

If you want to reduce mouths go for it, but that's killing not culling. Call it what it is.

You are confusing me laughing and making light of your absoluteness because your pocket manual says something.... push away from the TTHA and QDMA circle jerk..

Is this where I add a few of these..

Again....WE ARE NOT THINKING WE ARE IMPROVING OVERALL GENETICS...WE ARE JUST TRYING TO IMPROVE THE INDIVIDUAL DEER WE HAVE THAT SHOW BETTER TRAITS by selecting and rejecting......I have said that at least 4 times now. Good grief!

Comment

You are confusing me laughing and making light of your absoluteness because your pocket manual says something.... push away from the TTHA and QDMA circle jerk..

Is this where I add a few of these..

Again....WE ARE NOT THINKING WE ARE IMPROVING OVERALL GENETICS...WE ARE JUST TRYING TO IMPROVE THE INDIVIDUAL DEER WE HAVE THAT SHOW BETTER TRAITS by selecting and rejecting......I have said that at least 4 times now. Good grief!
                      I like me some QDMA, maybe you should check them out. Might help reduce some of your mistakes Could care less about TTHA. Now I have some beans to stir... good day gents!

Comment

I like me some QDMA, maybe you should check them out. Might help reduce some of your mistakes Could care less about TTHA. Now I have some beans to stir... good day gents!

Couldn't*..

You also misspelled...."Smart...I don't know why I keep mentioning improving genetics when you have said you aren't doing that 4 times......"
                        Last edited by Smart; 10-20-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Couldn't*..

You also misspelled...."Smart...I don't know why I keep mentioning improving genetics when you have said you aren't doing that 4 times......" I guess you just skipped over that
                          Lmao! Go 'stros!!

Comment

population control will also include bucks. If your taking 10 bucks with those 20 does and pay no mind to the age or quality of the buck it killing. If you do pay attention to the age and quality to determine which bucks to take you’re back to culling. It’s the same goal with a different name. I’d bet you do it lf in mexico just like we do. Killing, culling, management they’re all just deer getting shot because they aren’t worth keeping on the feed bill

Thank you Bobby!!!!! ...

Comment

Shane, you and Smart are both friends of mine, but you’re wrong about one thing. If you think you will get the last word in on Smart!😂😂😂. If either one of you friends need someone to help “cull”, let me know. Have bow and gun and will travel!😂

Comment

At what point does management take the excitement out of a hunt? I know a few guys who have managed deer herds until they lost the excitement and never hunted again. For what it’s worth you can grow big deer on a big low fence place, just feed em and let em get old. Letting em get old is much harder than I ever imagined LoL

Comment

Working...
                                X