Suggestions needed for 10mm double stack pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions needed for 10mm double stack pistol

A $2,000 to $4,000 pistol is not something I can justify spending that much on. $1,500 and less would be more likely. Will mainly be using it on hogs and just fun plinking. Has to be a double stack, long slide. What do you suggest?

I was looking at the rock island armory one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sti

Comment

Glock 40

Comment

Rock island is pretty good gun. Just a little work a really nice gun.
          I believe Hayes customs does a lot of upgrades to the RI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

STI. You might find a used one close to your budget.

Comment

Cattle getting rowdy in the working pens again?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                Hahahahahahahahaha

I’d look at a RIA. Lots of folks will also recommend a Glock. I would look at the XDM too.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Glock 40
                  This, for much less than your budget. Buy the MOS and top it with a reflex sight for less than your budget and spend the rest on ammo. Can’t be beat for a hog killer and fun shooter.

Comment

i had a glock for a few months, hated it,, went back to my single stack 1911 and never looked back,,,, with only a slightly lengthened mag it would hold 10 rounds,, i have been carrying it for 25 years and never once though i was going to need extra capacity of a double stack, also the 1911 .45 magazines were the only ones i ever used i had exactly 1 10mm mag with the gun when i got it,,, all the others were .45acp mags and i carried them for over 18 years as a leo,,,, get whatever you like ,,, but with over 25 years experience carrying the 10mm the double stack is just added weight, and that can matter more than the capacity

Comment

There is a Para Ordnance listed on here that’s not a bad deal. It’s a long slide 10mm.

Comment

Your options within your budget are going to be Glock 20 or 40, Springfield XDM and Rock Island Ultra.

I have a Glock long Slide G20 I built and the Rock Island Ultra FS HC. For the money that Rock Island is a very nice pistol. No it isn’t an STI but at less than half the cost it is nice. You could spend less than $200 in upgrades and make it an excellent gun. It’s is very heavy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

10mm

I have a glock model 40 in 10mm and love it. comes in single or double stack. hog killing beast

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                            You guys aught to come help work cattle sometimes so you too can get the full appreciation for some of these beasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Your options within your budget are going to be Glock 20 or 40, Springfield XDM and Rock Island Ultra.

I have a Glock long Slide G20 I built and the Rock Island Ultra FS HC. For the money that Rock Island is a very nice pistol. No it isn’t an STI but at less than half the cost it is nice. You could spend less than $200 in upgrades and make it an excellent gun. It’s is very heavy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              As listed above your pretty limited but there is one other option. EAA Hunter in 10mm with the 6" barrel, it's basically a long slide CZ75 with a single action trigger. Not much in the way of aftermarket support but I've been very happy with mine.

https://eaacorp.com/guns/handguns/wi...-tanfoglio-109

Comment

Working...
                              X