Jocko Unraveling - Unmitigated Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jocko Unraveling - Unmitigated Disaster

Has anyone else listened to the latest Jocko Unraveling? I finished this morning. I will say, I've never heard that many F bombs on any of Jocko's podcasts...

Jocko and Darryl read texts from the troops on the ground in Afghanistan during the botched withdraw in late August/early September. The troops had a intel on the suicide bomber, the intel knew EXACTLY when the suicide bomber planned to blow himself up, the exact location, and leadership refused to do anything about it. The leadership set out troops to clean up graffiti, pick up empty water bottles, as opposed to secure the perimeter.

Word of warning, it will make your blood boil. Afghans asking for the Americans to shoot them so they wouldn't be released back to the Taliban, Afghans watching their kids drown because they had to cross feces pits.

Will have to listen to that today, I enjoy his podcast.

Comment

Wow I'll have to listen to this podcast

Comment

Since Jocko's "what I would do if I were president" video, I have been anxiously awaiting Afghanistan being addressed on his Podcast. He and Darryl (Both SEALS), provide very good commentary, and it's clear they still have some connections inside the military.

Comment

I saw it pop up on YouTube. Can't decide if I want to listen or not.

Comment

Plan to tune in later today. No matter how extreme his rants and rhetoric, I can only imagine how incensed former special operations folks must be at what is nothing less than a gross betrayal of their commitment and allegiance by our government.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Has anyone else listened to the latest Jocko Unraveling? I finished this morning. I will say, I've never heard that many F bombs on any of Jocko's podcasts...

Jocko and Darryl read texts from the troops on the ground in Afghanistan during the botched withdraw in late August/early September. The troops had a intel on the suicide bomber, the intel knew EXACTLY when the suicide bomber planned to blow himself up, the exact location, and leadership refused to do anything about it. The leadership set out troops to clean up graffiti, pick up empty water bottles, as opposed to secure the perimeter.

Word of warning, it will make your blood boil. Afghans asking for the Americans to shoot them so they wouldn't be released back to the Taliban, Afghans watching their kids drown because they had to cross feces pits.

We have bigger problems at home to worry about. Why worry about Afghanistan?

Comment

Working...
              X