Will this Work for Hoghunting at Night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this Work for Hoghunting at Night?

Could I put this on my stabilizer for those evenings I want to stay longer and see if hogs come in?
    Attached Files

I dont know what your budget is, but if you can afford it, go with Sniper Hog Lights. I have the 38LRX and it's plain awesome. Plus they are a site sponsor.

Comment

That is exactly what I use and it works great. I also mounted on my rifles. Mine is red but I can shoot a hundred yards pretty easy at night.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        I dont know what your budget is, but if you can afford it, go with Sniper Hog Lights. I have the 38LRX and it's plain awesome. Plus they are a site sponsor.
        That's my biggest issue. I bought this on Amazon for $45.00. I originally bought it for my scopes but was thinking if I attached it to the stabilizer it might work. Just curious if anyone else had done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
          That's my biggest issue. I bought this on Amazon for $45.00. I originally bought it for my scopes but was thinking if I attached it to the stabilizer it might work. Just curious if anyone else had done the same.
          Doesnt matter if it cost $5 or $500.. as long as it helps shooting more pigs in the face, I'm a fan!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used the windfire lights before I bought my sniper hoglight. I bought one of the small heavy stabilizers from Walmart and had to grind it down a little to get the mount to work. It worked pretty good for a while, but the repeated shock from the bow broke the solder loose on the back side of the LED bulb. Pretty easy to solder back, but it happened twice. I still use the windfire on my rifle, but highly recommend the sniper, if you decide you like bowhunting at night.

If you're asking if it's legal, the answer is yes, as long as you're only using it to hunt pigs...of course.
            Last edited by Muskles; 09-28-2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              I used the windfire lights before I bought my sniper hoglight. I bought one of the small heavy stabilizers from Walmart and had to grind it down a little to get the mount to work. It worked pretty good for a while, but the repeated shock from the bow broke the solder loose on the back side of the LED bulb. Pretty easy to solder back, but it happened twice. I still use the windfire on my rifle, but highly recommend the sniper, if you decide you like bowhunting at night.

If you're asking if it's legal, the answer is yes, as long as you're only using it to hunt pigs...of course.
              Thanks for the advice.

Comment

What is your setup? I have several Sniper hog lights and mounted one on my stabilizer. The first time I hunted from a pop up blind, hogs came in, I drew then hit the switch. Was pitch black and had been for an hour. The light was about a foot below the window and lit up the blind like a spot light, blinded me for a while. Don’t ever do that! Check your window height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’d put a solar motion flood light pointed at the feeder and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. I’ve used the same and worked great.

Comment

Yup! If light goes out you’ve got a usable mount for most flashlights on the market.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X