Lake Belton Bass fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Belton Bass fishing

Headed to Belton for a few days of fishing. I’ve never fished that lake but really wanna want to catch a smallmouth. Not looking for weigh points, just get a little general lake advice from local lip rippers!:-)
    Thanks in advance.

Not sure about BASS but the best Crappie fishing that I have ever experienced has been on that lake... Some big ones too....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Not sure about BASS but the best Crappie fishing that I have ever experienced has been on that lake... Some big ones too....
      I might take my minnow bucket with me!

Comment

Launch at Temple Park and fish that area. That area and going down to the dam is usually where you find the smallies.

Comment

I have never fished it but my son use too. When it was hot, he would pull a lot of nice bass off deep water humps. Don’t remember how he fished it this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
            I might take my minnow bucket with me!
            I would almost guarantee the N end coves are full of slabs right now as is the timber on the edge of the old river channel before they raised the lake!

That was a beautiful lake full of crappie! I wouldn't say big ones but I live in E Tx! We're spoiled over here.

Comment

I have culled a whole limit of largemouth out for smallmouth on one rock point in 15 minutes till weigh in on belton. Look for rocky points and outcroppings around the mouth of cowhouse creek and toward the dam. My bait of choice was always a weightless watermelon red fluke for the smallys. Good luck.

Comment

I’m going to send you a pm

Comment

Thanks all. I appreciate the advice.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I've fished belton several years when stationed at hood. There wasn't extremely good fishing but if you are in a boat throwing a couple of zoom pumpkin seed with a chartreuse tail around the stick ups and fishing the banks with brush cover should get you some results. There are a couple of good spots down by blora park.

Comment

I used to troll crankbaits and catch smallmouth and hybrids all day

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Might look up the results from the Fishing for Freedom tournament they had this weekend there

Comment

I was stationed there for 5 years!! Did decent on belton but lived 3 mins from boat ramp at stillhouse and have had some amazing trips out there. I use to wear um out top water about now right off the river!!

Comment

Working...
                            X