Well this is a first...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is a first...

Got up at 4:30 and made the drive down. Got in early, all set up. Put some corn down close and settled in. Right at 7:15. Nice 9 strolls in. Really pretty buck but just a year too young. He is giving the feeder plenty of space, so I figure another buck is lurking in the brush. Sure enough, after about 10 min an old, wide short tined 10 point walks out. They are giving the feeder a wide berth, but I figure they will work their way in eventually. Well after another 10 min, here he is broadside at 11 yards. I draw back and am shaking but not too bad. Just as he took the final step, he heard something....limb could have hit the top of the blind, chair creaked, who knows, but just as I released the arrow he ducks and spins and the arrow goes smooth over his back.

I couldn’t help bit smile.....this is the first time I’ve ever missed a deer and not been mad about it.

Knocked another arrows and have 5 does in front of me as I type this. Hopefully another big boy will show back up

It happens, great attitude and good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Missing a buck at 11 yards on opening morning is way better than being stuck at work or home wishing you were in the brush.

Comment

Keep on keepin on. I look forward to the LDPs.
          Good skillin Mr85.

Comment

Was able to connect with a Consolation prize. Didn’t make a great hit but she died clean within 75 yards.

How do I post pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
              Missing a buck at 11 yards on opening morning is way better than being stuck at work or home wishing you were in the brush.
              Facts!

Comment

Well this is a first...

PM sent about pic posting.

I use Tapatalk to post pics. I have an old version with no ads, don’t know about the newer versions.

And congrats! I was rooting for you. You seem to have been prepared well, and have a great attitude!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Bisch; 10-02-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Well this is a first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heck yea man congrats on the read kill!!

Comment

There ya go. Hard work and preparation!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        Was able to connect with a Consolation prize. Didn’t make a great hit but she died clean within 75 yards.

How do I post pictures?
                        Nice, congratulations. Good luck with those bucks.

Comment

Congrats 85, way to keep the good attitude

Sometimes it pays to have a good sense of humor when hunting, helps shrug off the missed shots. Saved a buck tag for a bigger one, season is young

Comment

Congrats on the doe. I will take a clean miss all day and like you said, not be mad at all. Hopefully you get another opportunity with him.
                            Last edited by blfx4; 10-03-2021, 10:14 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Awesome job.

Comment

Working...
                              X