Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will truck prices go down or is this the new normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    Over list.

It's straight up ridiculous.

A new Escalade was going to be $127K for my next employee - 112 list and a $15K upcharge.
    She's gonna be getting a GMC.

Rod, are you hiring? I need a new truck!

Comment

I priced a three-quarter ton Chevrolet gasoline and for what we need/want it is going to be about 48, Ford is 55. Nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        I'm thinking since people are still paying the higher prices they'll not come back down. There's no incentive too.
        I'm with you, PB2. People these days have more money than sense, apparently. If we would stop rushing out to buy the latest and greatest at whatever they're wanting to charge, they'll eventually lower the price. It would take everyone, but if we would just hold on to what we have for a couple years, businesses would have to lower the prices or go out of business. Too many Jones's in this country with everyone trying to keep up with them.

Comment

It will come down as soon as the market crashes and the housing bubble pops and Joe's goes into memory care unit and Kamala takes over. You will be able to take anything you want with a hand gun. NOTE to self: Don't give up your hand gun.

Comment

If it’s new how can it be normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
              It will come down as soon as the market crashes and the housing bubble pops and Joe's goes into memory care unit and Kamala takes over.
              Helluva price to pay to get a deal on a truck!

Comment

I have been looking for a new truck for a couple weeks now. Lots are bare up here. Dealers arent willing to deal much with what few trucks that are in stock. I have a 2013 ford quad cab with 90,000 miles. Looks like i'll be keeping it for a few more years.

Comment

As long as people pay these high prices, No they wont go down....

Comment

Truck manufacturers will keep prices as high as they can for as long as they can. It will be interesting to see what Ford does with all of these already made trucks, just waiting for a chip - I'm sure they wouldn't want to release them all at once, bringing prices down, but then they aren't getting any newer either.

Like so many, I decided to buy a truck this year. After seeing used truck prices, it didn't take too long to start looking at new.

Unlike so many, I don't have anything heavy to pull & don't even need a V8 - a base 4WD, extended cab (with a few options) is really plenty, since it'll be used like a car most of the time.

I only shopped locally enough to at least look at what I decided to buy (Ram 1500 Classic). After that, all shopping was done online, since it wasn't hard to see that local prices were more than I wanted to spend.

Many dealers are deceptive and won't actually sell you a truck at the great advertised price. Some dealers informed me that in their area, the truck I wanted was selling for MSRP - so obviously, I didn't buy from them. Again, I really only shopped Rams, but Most dealers were willing to sell a $40-$42,000 truck for $35-$37,000.

Finally changed my search to nationwide & found a dealer in Louisiana that had a really good price on a truck with the options I wanted. Not only would they honor the price, they made it a little better. Ended up getting a new $40 K MSRP truck for $33,500. Shipping it to me in SW IL was going to be around $1000, which would have taken cost to about the same as the 2nd best deal I found. But they offered free delivery up to 250 miles and they agreed to meet me at that distance away from dealership - so to save $1000, I took a day off work, met them a little ways from Texarkana & picked up my new truck. Buying online was truly easy, it worked out great and I never stepped foot in a dealership.

Again, if you need a 1 ton, probably not near as easy - but I don't know, never shopped for one.

Comment

The over-under is……they will still be overpriced when we are under the sod !

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Agreed.

We paid 8K over sticker. The 2021 new cars were 5K over sticker.

It's nuts........
                        Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Truck prices are based off of what idiots will pay for them. So as long as idiots are willing to pay $80,000 to $120,000 for a truck the manufactures will gladly keep the prices there and then try to see if they can push them upwards. If 90% of the truck buyers refuse to pay those numbers, the manufactures will come down on the prices. Most people who spend that type of money on a truck, it's a status/image thing, most have very little use for a truck at all. So those people drive the prices way up for the people who really need a good reliable truck. The manufactures make ridiculous profits off of trucks and have done so for many years now. They could drop the prices by half and still make a very healthy profit. But certain types of people keep that from happening, by going out and spending $100,000 on a truck that will likely never have anything in the bed, other than some plants from Lowes or their luggage on the way to air port. Those people have completely screwed up the truck market. Until those people decide they don't need another truck or the economy actually gets to the point where the majority of those people can not afford to buy a new truck. The truck prices will stay about what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          Can someone explain why the manufacturers are waiting on chips? I my knowledge, the chips that GMC is waiting on are the ones that pertain to the auto stop/start function. Which is a feature I hate anyway. Cant they just sell the trucks they’ve already built and exclude those chips??
                          Evidently they have for some . My best friend’s brother just bough a new GMC or Chevy and that chip was missing.

Comment

Demand will ultimately set the price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Until people quit paying those outrageous prices.

Comment

Nope. Here to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X