Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Waters Fishing

Is anyone a member of this club?

Any info would be great. I am in San Antonio area and was wondering how good it is.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve been a member for 4yrs it’s everything the website says IMO. Pick a lake, pay daily fee and the lake is all yours for the day or 1/2 day. I don’t use the membership as much as I’d like to and have only fished the lakes around Crockett I’ve never been disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I have a friend in SA that loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by HFD38 View Post
          I’ve been a member for 4yrs it’s everything the website says IMO. Pick a lake, pay daily fee and the lake is all yours for the day or 1/2 day. I don’t use the membership as much as I’d like to and have only fished the lakes around Crockett I’ve never been disappointed.

This - I'm a member as well and only fished the Houston area, but it seems to be everything they say it is. I have no complaints so far.

Comment

What’s the annual membership price? Or a website to the info please. I heard about this from one of the YouTube guys I follow.

Comment

Indulge in tranquility while fishing. Our club has over 70 secluded lakes spanning Texas and Oklahoma perfect for recreation. Call us today at 214-871-0044.

Comment

I take the grandson because we catch, unlike Fork where we fish.

Comment

I was a member before I bought a boat. I really enjoyed it. Had several days of catching 60+ bass a day

Comment

Does anyone on here kayak fish these lakes? Wife and I are just getting into kayak fishing but don’t want to be in big water or around boats hauling butt by us.

Comment

Waste of money, I've been tresbassing since 1980

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                        Does anyone on here kayak fish these lakes? Wife and I are just getting into kayak fishing but don’t want to be in big water or around boats hauling butt by us.
                        Wanting to know the same. I prefer to fish from my kayak. Only think that kind of sucks is paying the membership fee then the daily fee for a fishing trip... PWF has been on my mind for the past 4 years but never pulled the trigger to getting a membership.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
                          Wanting to know the same. I prefer to fish from my kayak. Only think that kind of sucks is paying the membership fee then the daily fee for a fishing trip... PWF has been on my mind for the past 4 years but never pulled the trigger to getting a membership.
                          I've never used a kayak, but some of the lakes have small aluminum boats available for use. I'm pretty sure you can bring your personal kayak to fish, I don't know that I've seen any rules against it.

And yes, it does get expensive having to pay per trip, but it's also nice having the whole lake reserved to yourself.

Comment

Been a member since '99 or so, back when it was the Great Texas Bass Club. Lakes come and go, the best lakes (Typically the most expensive ones to fish) seem to be privately leased after a few years. Usually, a member or two get together and cut the club out of the picture and make a deal with the landowner.

Overall, the club does a remarkable job of obtaining new properties and really enhances the fishing quality. There are a couple of places that I've fished since I first joined. Great set up if you enjoy fishing smaller bodies of water and have the entire place to yourself for the day.

With the exception of a couple of places than require you to utilize the on site boat to minimize outside, unwanted contamination, you can bring your own boats, kayaks, float tubes or just fish the bank.

Comment

Working...
                            X