Jehovah's Witness question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jehovah's Witness question?

So I know a few Jehovah's Witnesses and just yesterday got on the topic of death somehow and one guy I know told me what will happen after death. Which isn't anything like what I grew up hearing from a religious standpoint. So they believe every person doesn't go to heaven or hell. That they'll raise from the dead in a new body correct? From the way he explained it everyone will be the same person in a different body.

After thinking about it I don't know if I can get on board with that. So does that apply for everyone, good or bad? There are some people throughout history I really don't want to meet in the afterlife if I can be completely honest.

Not trying to start a debate. Just trying to see things from someone else's point of view.

I guess where I'm really confused is why go to church and believe in something if we're all going to end up in the same place in the end?
    Last edited by okrattler; 08-12-2021, 10:57 PM.

Depends what you believe.

Got preached to at work for 18 years by different denominations. They were all a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
      Depends what you believe.

Got preached to at work for 18 years by different denominations. They were all a bit different.
      Yeah that's kind of how this conversation was. I felt like I was being preached to. Which is fine. I'm not offended by what people believe as long as they're not trying to kill me for what I believe in. I'd just never heard that or really ever thought about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe in.

It was a bit confusing. I can't really wrap my mind around a serial killer,rapist or child molester being brought back from the dead in perfect condition the same as me. But who knows......
      Last edited by okrattler; 08-12-2021, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Read about the criminals that were crucified with Christ. One mocked Him and the other asked to remember him when He came into His kingdom. The Bible will answer all your questions young man. Only God truly knows the condition of a persons heart and wether the person was genuinely repentant. Regarding your point, yes it’s hard to fathom a serial killer going to heaven , but the Bible says nothing is impossible with God.

Comment

I never got into discussions with JW's as much as I did the LDS, but from what I gather in the little studying I have done into their beliefs, they believe that when a person dies their body and souls die. So when you die, you cease to exist body and spirit. They then believe that after the world is destroyed 144,000 of the most faithful followers will be resurrected in new bodies.

Like most religions similar to Christianity, the JW beliefs were started by a person who had a misunderstanding of scripture.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
            I never got into discussions with JW's as much as I did the LDS, but from what I gather in the little studying I have done into their beliefs, they believe that when a person dies their body and souls die. So when you die, you cease to exist body and spirit. They then believe that after the world is destroyed 144,000 of the most faithful followers will be resurrected in new bodies.

Like most religions similar to Christianity, the JW beliefs were started by a person who had a misunderstanding of scripture.

Boom! Mic drop! Misunderstanding is the key word. Again, it’s all there to read in Gods word.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              Boom! Mic drop! Misunderstanding is the key word. Again, it’s all there to read in Gods word.
              If anyone wants a glimpse into some misunderstandings, read Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer. Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                If anyone wants a glimpse into some misunderstandings, read Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer. Yikes
                Isn't that a look into the polygamous branches of the LDS? I've heard I needed to read that book, but the LDS missionaries I was meeting with didn't fall into that category.

Comment

No idea what they believe but went to one funeral for an old neighbor and from what I understood the guy officiating said they go to somewhere between this life and the next for a chance to get into heaven on some kind of second chance

At least that is what I understood them to be talking about

Comment

Isn't that a look into the polygamous branches of the LDS? I've heard I needed to read that book, but the LDS missionaries I was meeting with didn't fall into that category.

Yes sir. I’m all for freedom of religion but the lengths the FLDS goes to, especially with extremely underaged girls, is disturbing. Warren Jeffs is still sitting his *** in prison for life+20.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      No idea what they believe but went to one funeral for an old neighbor and from what I understood the guy officiating said they go to somewhere between this life and the next for a chance to get into heaven on some kind of second chance

At least that is what I understood them to be talking about
                      That sounds like LDS beliefs. Not saying that doesn't align with JW's, but the LDS believe if you don't have salvation through their church, then you can be witnessed to in the afterlife, accept their beliefs and if someone on Earth is baptized for you, then you get admission into heaven.

Comment

Like it or not take it with a grain if salt if you like but the Bible says.

Philippians 2:10-11 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

It says EVERY TONGUE will confess that Jesus Christ is lord.. for some it will be too late.

JW, LDS are like many other cults, they stray from the what the word of God says, nothing but made religions started in the late 1860's. They are no different that the followers of Jim Jones. Dead in Road!

Jn 3:16 has never been more true and needed than in these days.

Comment

I've never understood how you could believe the 144k piece and still be a JW. A quick google says there are currently around 8 million JW worldwide. Those 144k passes are going to fill up quick!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            Yeah that's kind of how this conversation was. I felt like I was being preached to. Which is fine. I'm not offended by what people believe as long as they're not trying to kill me for what I believe in. I'd just never heard that or really ever thought about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe in.

It was a bit confusing. I can't really wrap my mind around a serial killer,rapist or child molester being brought back from the dead in perfect condition the same as me. But who knows......
                            I have the same issue with said seriel killer/rapiat being saved and going to heaven but a good honest person going to hell because they might not belive the bible.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-13-2021, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                              I've never understood how you could believe the 144k piece and still be a JW. A quick google says there are currently around 8 million JW worldwide. Those 144k passes are going to fill up quick!
                              It comes from Revelation Chapters 7 & 14, more specifically 14:3-5 which indicates ONLY 144k on earth will be redeemed.

“and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.”

How do you create value in something? Make it rare, scarcity always makes things appreciate

Comment

Working...
                              X